Forums Latest Members
  1. Carlton-Browne Aug 25, 2019

I've had this almost a couple of years and one of the reasons I was relatively relaxed about taking it on was my perception that, as the calibre 262 is probably one of the most numerous UG 3 hander movements, it wouldn't be too difficult to source a loose dial (I have quite a few movement spares stashed away already).
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Annoyingly, life has been a bit thinner than I was hoping. There are quite a few loose dials and movements out there but the cal 262 can be found in anything from a 30mm to a 37mm case and this is a 32mm with very little wiggle room under the bezel. The dial on this is 27.5mm and it's possible that 28mm might just scrape in whilst 26mm is probably the smallest that would fit without looking odd.

I got excited about this one recently but a few minutes with a digital measuring tool means that I'm certain that 28.5mm won't fit.
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Universal-geneve-dial/293192737771Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I realise that I have no proof it's a calibre 262 dial but I'm pretty certain it is. Looking at the dial feet got me thinking about another perennially repeating auction :

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Universa...l-silver-gold-markers-NOS-26-5mm/123582791670Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The bit that has prevented me buying it to date is the treatment of the logo which is normally later and something I'd typically expect to find on, for example, a calibre 1200 but the dial feet configuration do look very similar.

Any thoughts on whether my eyes are playing tricks on me or if anybody can remember this logo configuration in a calibre more often used in the 1940s. I realise of course that the only way to be sure about fit is to buy it...