Forums Latest Members
  1. Matt-C Mar 27, 2016

Hi

I've just carried out a power reserve check on my speedy pro and it ran for nearly 50hrs which is ok.

What I did notice though and I can't think I've seen it before was when I fully wound it I had to give it a bit of a shake to get to going again.

I know this is sometimes talked about with automatic movements, I guess it's no different for manual wind movements?

It hasn't been fully run down to a stop for over a year now so I haven't really been looking. Normally I just wind it each morning and forget it. If it's of any significance it's not 2yrs old yet so isn't (shouldn't be) due for a service as yet.

Cheers

2. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Mar 27, 2016

It should self start when there is sufficient torque, so this is not normal. If it's still under warranty, you may want to take it to a local boutique and have them put it on a timing machine, and make them aware of this. Make sure they make a note of it in case the watch stops just outside the warranty period or something...

Cheers, Al

Riviera Paradise likes this.
  3. Matt-C Mar 27, 2016

Thanks for the reply Al. I'll let it run down again and see what happens.

Unfortunately I don't have an OB close by only AD's including the one I purchased from. I doubt they have a timing machine so back to Omega I'm sure.

Could this be a one off or is it generally indicative of a problem. I assume letting it run for a long period without allowing it to ever stop (ie over a year) isn't a problem?

Cheers
    Matt.

4. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Mar 27, 2016

There was a time when most people only had one watch (I know, hard to imagine!) so yes running it non-stop for over a year is not a problem.

Unless it can go on a timing machine for some basic checks, not sure what to tell you. It might just be a one off thing, or it could indicate a problem - no way to know without further investigation.

Riviera Paradise likes this.
  5. Matt-C Mar 27, 2016

No problem, I'll see what happens and drop it in to the AD.
    Thanks again for taking the time to answer:thumbsup:

Cheers.

Tritium likes this.