Forums Latest Members
  1. jud Jul 30, 2012

Does anyone know where I can find more information on this reference? I think it is stunning and am seriously thinking of adding it to my wish list but I would like to know more about it. Any good links or general education would be appreciated.

This is the one that got me thinking:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/MENS-SEAMAS...istwatches&hash=item4168d830e9#ht_8695wt_1189Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

2. ulackfocus Jul 30, 2012

The outside looks great but the movement looks like it's been assembled from the parts bin. I wouldn't pay more than $200 for it, and that's only if I was forced to buy it.

3. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Jul 30, 2012

I'm leaning towards a redial on this one as well. Here's a post from another forum showing what I believe to be an all original version of this case reference:

http://omega.watchprosite.com/?show=nblog.post&ti=540796

Let's compare dial shots:

First the eBay watch:

[​IMG]

Then the one from the above post:

[​IMG]

Note the differences in the "Omega" (particularly the "G") and "Seamaster" fonts. Man, that's a scary good redial. The fact that there is a brand new dial with a worn looking movement is another red flag.

Doesn't give me the warm and fuzzies at all,
    gatorcpa

4. jud Jul 30, 2012

Thanks guys.

I should have specified that I am not interested in this particular watch. I have been looking for a Constellation first and taking my time. But I am getting closer to pulling the trigger on a Connie and am starting to try and learn more about vintage Seamaster chronometers.

Is there another site like Desmonds for Seamasters? I came across a site that showed a bunch of fake Seamasters for educational purposes and it was enough to scare me, so I'm trying to learn more before I start seriously looking.

My daily wearer is an SMP 300 and I would like to have a vintage one or three ;)

5. ulackfocus Jul 30, 2012

Yeah - here! ;) We never close.

6. excelsi Aug 2, 2012

I really like this watch as well and are currently thinking about bidding. But is the general assumption that it is not a original watch?