Forums Latest Members

C1965 Enicar Sherpa Guide 600 Mark ll...Help with a part!!

1. Bajan Jul 7, 2017

Hi...I am new to this forum and hope someone out there can lead me in the right direction...
    I have a vintage C1965 Enicar Sherpa Guide 600, Mark ll. In remarkable condition...winds and runs great.
    However...the top crown that turns the internal bezel is a bit 'slack'...and I am looking for this specific part. Apparently it is somewhat of a one-piece unit...
    The crown will turn the internal bezel...just not great. Seems to skip a bit and requires a lot of turning to get the bezel to move.
    I am assuming here that this 'unit' cannot be opened and restored (?)...so looking for another...unless someone here can advise otherwise.
    I would certainly buy a parts watch to get this one piece.
    Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks.

Steve
    [email protected]

2. DON Aug 1, 2017

Could be the internal bezel teeth are worn.

Here's how it works

Crown just has a gear at the end. That's it.

Bezel has fluted teeth on the underside. Usually brass

The crystal on some compressor models play a part in holding the bezel in place. If the wrong one. Allows bezel to lift up off the gear.

Have you opened the watch and removed the dial and bezel to check wear?

DON

3. Bajan Aug 2, 2017

4. DON Aug 3, 2017

Hi Steve,

If your not going to use the internal bezel. Set it to 12:00 and just leave it. Only need to repair if your reselling

Finding a bezel is probably going to be very difficult and even if you do. Unless it's NOS. It to could have wear on the underside, so money laid out and still no better

DON

5. Bajan Aug 3, 2017

Hi Don...
    I will be selling the watch in the near future, so would like to get a part to have it working as it should...the watch was working at it should when I bought it...with the top crown moving the internal bezel with no problems at all. Then I showed it to my son-in-law, and he pulled the crown out, thinking he would set the time...and since then, the crown doesn't work well. Is this part something that can be simply removed and replaced?...and any idea where one could be had would be greatly appreciated...
    Thanks for your trouble here.
    Regards,
    Steve

6. stigmata Jul 15, 2018

did you end up fixing it, ?