Forums Latest Members
  1. OrangesAndLemons Oct 5, 2017

Edit: Thank you very much for the information and advice.

Edited Oct 6, 2017
  2. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Oct 5, 2017

Real.

3. mikechi22 Oct 5, 2017

Hi there, O&L! Welcome! I’m hardly an expert ‘round here, but after having read a ton of posts, I would report to you that gold filled/plated models don’t get a whole lot of esteem from collectors. Still, if that works for you and your style, I would just make sure that it’s all intact, the steel isn’t showing through anywhere. Given how rough it looks, I’m guessing you’re getting this, possibly, very inexpensively. With this one, figure in another $300 or so, plus parts to get it properly serviced, which is a must. If you’re still under $500 or so, all in, you’re probably safe.

That being said, have you seen the Sales fora on this site? There are a couple nice Seamasters recently listed and knowing what I know now, I would jump at those for a first purchase! The sellers on here are honorable gentlemen, the watches most times are serviced (or described accurately if not) and the prices are generally fair.

Good hunting!

4. hoipolloi Vintage Omega Connoisseur Oct 5, 2017

Looks correct and original to me. Maybe a 166.010 Seamaster powered by a 562 or 565.
    This one is not gold plated, it is 14k gold capped, that means the thickness is about 200 micron.
    Value is about $500 USD.

mikechi22 likes this.