C̶o̶n̶s̶t̶e̶l̶l̶a̶t̶i̶o̶n̶ Globemaster Worth Restoring?

I am a hobbyist watchmaker and have been repairing/restoring thrift store/garage sale finds for about 5 years now. Mainly old Bulovas, Hamiltons, Tissots, etc. Swiss, but entry level.

I recently acquired a "junk" box of watches that came from an estate. Probably about 40-50 watches in various states of corrosion/abuse within it. Tossed about 10 that were too degraded to fiddle with, then separated the complete from partial watches. Mostly Swiss stuff from now defunct brands or more of my regular stuff.

In the bottom of the box, I stumbled across this very rough Constellation. It's marked as what "the internet" says is solid 18k gold. However, it has what appears to be a silver-colored plating OVER the gold.

Was this rhodium? White Gold? Is this gold filled/rolled and I don't understand markings? Does the movement appear to match the case and dial? Should I attempt to get this up and running? The balance is good and swings freely. Part it out?

Thanks in advance for ANY advice or information you can offer.

20240413_182819.jpg 20240413_182830.jpg 20240413_170100.jpg
20240413_170119.jpg
Edited:

Here is what you have:

upload_2024-4-15_9-5-12.png

It is a Globemaster, which is nothing more than a Constellation rebadged for the U.S. market.

You can read more about the history of this watch here:

https://download1648.mediafire.com/...MjMdzGajA/r6z1f6wcg9qeqfg/Globemasterpost.pdf

I believe that it is 18K gold, as it is properly hallmarked. It is hard to see the color of the case from the photos. You can always take it to a jeweler who can confirm the metal content for you.

The watch looks to be totally original, except maybe for the crown. The dial is in decent condition considering how it was stored.

Although the case is very worn, this is a watch well worthy of a movement service, ultrasonic cleaning of the case, straightening of the lugs and a new crystal. The seconds hand is missing, but a watchmaker knowledgeable in vintage watches should be able to find a proper replacement. You will need to throw some money at this, but I think you will be rewarded for your investment.

Good luck with the project and let us know how it turns out.
gatorcpa