Forums Latest Members
  1. jetkins Apr 6, 2018

Well that was fun; glad I caught the first page at least, before the mods killed it. Particularly hilarious was how the watch suddenly morphed from a Spectre into a Daytona!

Though it'd be nice if the mods could archive these examples of how not to act, rather than simply removing them. :)

Dedalus05, Andy K and hanky6 like this.
  2. ac106 Apr 6, 2018

any chance of a recap since some of us have no idea what the hell you are talking about

Baz9614, aap and Tet like this.
  3. hanky6 Apr 6, 2018

I was following the thread as well and found it amusing.
    What I wonder though is if this behaviour is for real?
    As in a person actually signing in and honestly wanting to do business or just someone trying to piss other people off?

4. dennisthemenace Hey, he asked for it! Apr 6, 2018

It was Megan trying to fool everyone.

Jwit and lillatroll like this.
  5. Wivac Terribly special Apr 6, 2018

They PM'd me asking what gives regarding popcorn reactions.
    I filled them in on, amongst other things, some of the minimum requirements folks like to see, that it's a community who like to talk watches and not ebay. Ho hum.

bonerp likes this.
  6. bonerp Apr 6, 2018

I got to the end of page one but the (personal) insults became unnecessary and shows what a fool he/she was. Fake daytona won in a poker game suddenly became a real one verified by his mother 2 years later which he was trying to sell with zero posts in the general forum haha. Wish I'd seen pages 2 and 3! Bet it was from them ranting.

Wivac and jetkins like this.
  7. West Slope Apr 6, 2018

8. jetkins Apr 6, 2018

Quick summary: Dude posted crappy pictures of his “rare and valuable” Bond Spectre SMP and asked for “serious offers only” in the Modern Omegas forum, then got pissy when folks called him out. And as @bonerp cited, we were subsequently treated to the story of how the watch (which had suddenly and mysteriously morphed into a fake/not fake Rolex Daytona) came to be in his possession, and the verification of its veracity by his watchmaking mother-in-law.

I too only got to read the first page before it was pulled. Quell damage.

Wivac likes this.
  9. Canuck Apr 6, 2018

How ‘bout the F to F part, where he was asking the prospective buyer to go pick it up? I didnk’t reply, but I did inform the moderators, as I am sure many others did, as well.

10. jetkins Apr 6, 2018

That must have been on a later page. :(

11. TOTIZ Apr 6, 2018

Damn European office hours, I missed that bit :(

ama98 and MaiLollo like this.
  12. sjg22 Apr 6, 2018

“If you can afford this watch than you can afford to fly to me or fly me to you”.

Yah - flying to Alabama to collect my Platona based on horrible pictures sounds like a great idea

jetkins likes this.
  13. TOTIZ Apr 6, 2018

I fully understand why the mods binned the thread, but it could have been fun !
    „Yeah sure mate. Go to airport xy, Business Class tickets will be waiting for you at the desk. Cash on delivery, when you arrive at my location“ :whistling:

jetkins likes this.
  14. Edward53 Apr 6, 2018

Seriously?

Syrte likes this.
  15. kkt Apr 6, 2018

Sounds like an interesting thread, in a trainwreck sort of way. Sorry I missed it.

Sure, I'm going to travel to a strange country to meet a stranger because they've agreed to sell me a watch, so I'll be carrying lots of cash on me. What could possibly go wrong there.

jetkins likes this.
  16. MaiLollo Apr 6, 2018

Ive done that once. Man did I think it was a bad idea... turned out good though

17. Syrte MWR Tech Support Dept Apr 6, 2018

I was going to ask the exact same question.

18. ulackfocus Apr 6, 2018

I was informed of this debacle this morning. Unfortunately, I had to drive to our furthest west location and missed all the fun. You KNOW I would have jumped in if I had the chance. :D ;)

At least I got a few shots in at Doucherang Sunbean before I left for work. It was fun picking apart his little infomercial. ::psy::

19. 77deluxe Apr 6, 2018

I Was about to fly out there and buy a platona.

20. Baco Noir Apr 7, 2018

Damn guys, I’m from Bama and am flying back in 2 weeks for my nephews wedding. You’re saying I could have gotten a free ticket and a platona out of that trip? Tell me someone screenshot the FS tread with his contact info!