Forums Latest Members

Bye Bye to my 44mm Seamaster Chrono...

1. any4xx Nov 5, 2017

When I first started watch shopping earlier this year I tried on a lot of them. I just couldn’t like the big and heavy ones. Both the PO’s and the Rolex DSSD’s just felt like anchors on my wrist. Asthetically, they fit my 7.75” wrists pretty well, but I just didn’t like the feel.

Fast forward a couple of months and a few watches later. I decided that I really did like the bigger watches. So I bought a 212.30.44.50.01.00 44mm Chronograph. I’ve tried to love it for several months now, and had even convinced myself that I really did. But I have finally conceded that I just don’t like it.

But the good news is that my son-in-law is inheriting it tomorrow. He appreciates watches, but really can’t afford to spend more that a few hundred dollars on one. He’s mentioned liking “heavy” and chronographs. He’s a truck driver and owns his own car hauling rig. Tomorrow he will be in town for 24 hours and he has no idea he’s getting this. Hopefully my poor decision will put a smile on his face.

The lesson for me though is to not again try to convince myself that I like something when I know that I really don’t. Expensive lesson, but hopefully with a nice ending.

2. Shailor Nov 5, 2017

Lucky son in law!

Mozziebite likes this.
  3. jaguar11 Nov 5, 2017

Very lucky son in law!!! I hope he enjoys it and yes sometimes this does happen. I hope you find something which works for you. The agony of choice once again....

4. any4xx Nov 5, 2017

Honestly, I’ve always collected “something” my entire life. The one thing I’ve discovered about my sordid hobby is that the wanting, research, and the hunt is always more satisfying than the ownership. Certainly there are a lot of things I’ve really enjoyed owning, but the hunt is always the fun part for me.

5. any4xx Nov 5, 2017

And... son in law is a happy guy.

Lucasssssss, nurseford25 and ICONO like this.
  6. Ninja2789 Nov 5, 2017

Great to hear that someone close will get to enjoy the watch. Better than having to sell it for a steel discount on the secondary market.

Also, now that you've unloaded one watch the hunt for a new one begins!

7. sxl2004 Nov 6, 2017

Great decision! Spread the joy with loved ones!

Maybe you can get an inspiration from the PN caseback for this give away.