Forums Latest Members

By means of introduction...

1. ddurham Jan 6, 2018

Having made a bit of a fool of myself with previous threads I've been encouraged to post some pictures, so, by means of introduction below you can see my modest collection.

To be honest I apply no logic to watch buying, I don't buy to sell, I don't look for the most highly regarded brands, I just buy what I fall in love with. In some cases it's the looks, in others it's what the watch represents, but in all cases there's just something that appeals to me, end of story. This has led to my collection becoming a bit of a mixed bag but as you'll see at the end I am now focusing on a true 'collection'.

First off then, my daily wearer - Tag Heuer Caliber 7 Twin Time (the previous model - better for a smaller wrist).
    I know there are a lot of Tag haters out there but I just love this watch.

DSC_0031.JPG

The 'beater'. G-Shock 5600 Basic Black on the Combi bracelet, both from Japan:

DSC_0028.JPG

This one I bought on a bit of a whim. It's a Vostok Komandirskie but a little different perhaps to what you're used to seeing and with a beautiful fading brown dial.

DSC_0034.JPG

...and now the core of my collection, I'm just in love with 60s bi-compax chronographs, which is a bit of a shame really because I seem to have discovered them just as the market values are hitting the roof. Never mind.
    Heuer Carrera 3647S
    Omega De Ville 145.017
    Dugena 60s chronograph

The last 2 of these will look familiar to forum members, both were purchased right here.
    DSC_0040.JPG

Next?
    Well, I've got my eye on a lovely Breitling Top Time 2002 reverse panda...

2. gdupree Jan 8, 2018

Great collection! I like your approach. It’s easy to get wrapped up in a lot of perifrial factors about watches or collecting sometimes.

And having followed along with previous threads, I don’t think you made any fool of yourself. It’s easy to just pack up and go when things get off to awkward starts, I applaud for sticking around. Now, onward. See ya around.

3. oddboy Zero to Grail+2998 In Six Months Jan 8, 2018

that Twin is very nice! I think I need one! welcome to the forum. stick around. it only gets worse from here.