Forums Latest Members

Buying my first luxury watch

1. ShaikhPapi Jul 16, 2019

hey guys im planning on getting my first luxury watch and im really liking the seamaster 300m and planet ocean my, do you guys think im doing a mistake not going for the moonwatch and if so which watches would you guys recommend i would love to hear your opinions

2. ext1 Jul 16, 2019

What do you like about each? Just buy what you like the most. It's not like you're screwed if you buy any one of them.

3. Martin_J_N Jul 16, 2019

Hi, I have a Seamaster and a Speedmaster, I like both watches as they are very different beasts. For me the Seamaster is the 'Sports' watch I want whereas the Speedmaster links me nicely to bits of history (a subject I enjoy), I also love the fact that my Speedmaster is a traditional manual wind, back to basics watch. I like that regular interaction with the watch having to wind it before using that for me is great. But I also like the fact that I can just use the Seamaster on a day to day basis, it's always ready to wear being an automatic.

Whether you want a Seamaster, Planet Ocean or Speedmaster is ultimately a decision that only you can make, i would never countenance buying anything based on what someone else tells you to do, remember it is your money that you will be spending not theirs.

You have to look at each watch, work out the pro's and con's, try each watch on, which one sits the most comfortably on your wrist and which one talks to you most when you look at it on your wrist.

Whichever way you decide to go enjoy the watch as you will be buying an excellent timepiece.

Dedalus05 likes this.
  4. SG90 Jul 16, 2019

You can’t make a mistake if the watch is one that you like.
    Plenty of people have moonwatches because they like the history behind the watch, as well as the design, if you’re not interested in that, get a watch that is more suited to your tastes.

5. Donn Chambers Jul 16, 2019

It took me nearly a decade to warm to a Speedmaster, but I loved the Seamaster right away. I’ve had one in some form since 2004. Although I did finally find a Speedmaster I like (see my avatar), I still have 2 Seamasters and wear them more.

So, if you want a Seamaster or PO, get one and don’t fret that this forum tends to be a little Speedy-centric. :)

If you want one later, it will still be there.