Forums Latest Members
  1. htiek Jun 25, 2018

Hi everyone,

Previously, all my watches have been bought online. Now I would like to go to a physical store, maybe Royal de Versailles, (Toronto).

What price do I expect? On Omega and Rolex websites, it shows the recommended price. Will the store have it higher or lower? Is there wiggle room in pricing?

Are there "exclusive" benefits for buying from them ie special events, launches etc.

Thanks

2. BlackTalon This Space for Rent Jun 25, 2018

Boutiques and ADs are not the same. Typically Boutiques are at MSRP -- after all, they are owned (normally) by the watch company. ADs have more wiggle room, as they buy at wholesale prices and can sell at what they want. That being said, it is rare to read about more then a 5% discount at an AD unless it is for an unpopular model.

connieseamaster and htiek like this.
  3. Braindrain Jun 25, 2018

Read up on the interweb how ppl are 'trying' to buy SS sports Rolex models at msrp.

Omega, you shouldn't have an issue for the most part.

connieseamaster and htiek like this.
  4. htiek Jun 25, 2018

This is also one of my questions, on the Rolex Canada website the price for the new pepsi jubilee GMT Master is $10,600 CAD. What price to expect in an AD, higher or lower?

And the Batman price on Rolex is $10,200, but I've seen them for higher, and i don't quite follow Rolex as closely.

Are there waiting lists which adds to exclusivity and price?

connieseamaster likes this.
  5. Bushido Jun 25, 2018

The price is fixed at what you see on the website for both Omega and Rolex. That is what you should expect to see in store. Usually you can get some wiggle on price from the Omega AD (depending on model) along with a little extra in the form of another strap or other swag.

Walking into a Rolex AD right now and asking to purchase the steel red(ish) and blue(ish) GMT will probably get you a few snickers from the sales staff followed by being informed of a 100yr wait list.

mikekchc and htiek like this.
  6. AnotherDon Jun 25, 2018

Grandpa always told me, "Don't buy anything in a room with a chandelier."

As much as Mother Omega and Pappa Rolex hate to hear it, any given model of watch is merely a commodity. It is in your financial best interest to acquire that commodity as inexpensively as possible. For example, a used 3 year old Speedmaster Professional can be had for about $3,000. Omega's MSRP on a new one is $5,250. You have to ask yourself if it's worth $2,250 to you to be the first to wear the watch because in 10 years there is likely to be little difference in the value of a 10 year old watch compared to a 13 year old watch assuming both watches are in comparable states of repair.

AnotherDon's Axiom: It's going to be a used watch when I trade it or sell it. It may as well be a used watch when I buy it.

But it's your money and your watch. You get to make up your own mind.

Horai551, asrnj77, dan7800 and 3 others like this.
  7. htiek Jun 25, 2018

Well said!

8. Reborn Jun 25, 2018

Totally agree. I was recently given a very good discount on a 1957 trilogy seamaster at an AD which would have been unthinkable at the boutique...

htiek likes this.
  9. mikekchc Jun 27, 2018

I would suggest Damiani in Vaughn in Toronto. I had what, bases in my research at the time was the most reasonable offer for my Rolex EXII. I wouldn’t go to Raffiki or whatever the store in Yorkdale is.

I live in yvr and my AD here is really helpful with omega. I’ve purchased a Hamilton before with European Jewelers and they are good.

All personal opinion and personal experience however.

htiek likes this.
  10. boogedyboo Jun 28, 2018

You will probably not even be able to buy the new GMT or Batman at an AD or boutique unless you fulfil one or probably both of the following:

1) You have been a loyal customer of that AD for several years
    2) You purchase other less popular models together with the sport model you want (e.g. Datejust)

And that's assuming they even have the stock for the sports models.

htiek and connieseamaster like this.
  11. asrnj77 Jun 28, 2018

The local Omega boutiques over here were doing a promotion back in December. It was buy one watch and get the second at 50% off. Basically 25% discount off MSRP for buying two watches. It was a good promotion but I didn't have the money to do it at the time. It wasn't clear to me if it was limited to what they had in the store or if you could have ordered pieces. I remember trying on a DSOTM and wondering what I would buy for the second watch...