Forums Latest Members
  1. Stephen_ Mar 22, 2016

Hi,

I've been looking for a pre-moon speedy for a while now and I came across this 145.012-67. I've learned quite a bit on the forum and from speedmaster101, nevertheless I still feel like I'm stepping into a minefield every time I see a new speedy for sale. As far as I can tell everything seems to be correct but I wanted to run it by you guys before making an offer.

The watch supposedly belonged to a collector who had to make room in his collection. Service history is unknown but the seller had it serviced recently. It comes with a 1116 bracelet and the leather strap shown in the pictures.

The asking price is 6950 USD.

I was wondering what you guys think of the dial (especially the flaked lume), the movement, the overall condition and the price, but any other thoughts are welcome aswell.

Thanks!
    Front.jpg Side.jpg Caseback 2.jpg Caseback.jpg Movement.jpg

2. dougiedude Carpe horologium! Mar 22, 2016

It looks to be in nice condition if you don't mind the lack of lume.

Looking at SM101, the price seems a grand or so high to me, assuming the pushers and crown are correct (which I can't tell you off the top of my head... would need to consult the MWO book)

... and unless you know the seller personally, saying its 'serviced' without actual proof doesn't mean very much!

Soon you'll have smarter men than me chiming in...

3. kidkimura Mar 22, 2016

4. dougiedude Carpe horologium! Mar 22, 2016

5. oddboy Zero to Grail+2998 In Six Months Mar 22, 2016

Looks pretty nice. Original skinny logo on the crown, so likely original. Serial is in the correct range for the reference. Hands look ok, though chrono hand looks new, probably a replacement (which is not the end of the world).

Case looks ok, but not enough shots to say for sure.

The biggest issue is the dial. It's not terrible, but the plots where the lume has come off are a little jarring. Matter of personal preference, do you like it? Could you live with it?

Edit: oh, and that's a pretty nice bezel... that's probably about $1.5K value there.

6. Stephen_ Mar 23, 2016

It's being sold by a reputable dealer with a year warrenty. Doesn't necessarily mean it has been properly serviced but I feel I can trust them. The piece of dust or tiny hair on the movement shot has me a bit worried though so a service might be needed anyway.

How can you tell the chrono hand has likely been replaced? Just by how new it looks or are there other tells aswell?

And the dial is the main drawback for me too, I would have liked a beter looking lume but I can't say I hate it like this etiher. Just not sure how much it affects the overal value and if I feel the same way when I have it on my wrist.

Anyone able to comment on the condition of the movent? Should I be woried about the dust in the pictures?

7. Javi22 Mar 23, 2016

Nice watch, the question is, can you live with the Dial?::popcorn::

8. Darlinboy Pratts! Will I B******S!!! Mar 23, 2016

It's a nice example, the condition of the lume would bother me. The chrono hand looks correct to me and a good match to the others.

Price is high IMO, but nice bezel.