Forums Latest Members

Buying a watch from the omega boutique. What to expect.

1. Jess007 Oct 3, 2016

Just curious to know what gifts any of you received as a complimentary gift after buying your desired watch from an omega boutique.

2. Darlinboy Pratts! Will I B******S!!! Oct 3, 2016

What to expect?

High prices and (sometimes) great service. Gifts may be given, but may not. All depends on what you buy and where.

I've never bought from a boutique, but I did receive some swag from Omega USA nonetheless - must have been all those extracts I bought that year. :eek:

LawBrk, watchme and tpatta like this.
  3. blubarb Oct 3, 2016

What to Expect? A watch and a wave with a "y'all come back now ya hear"

:rolleyes:

Greatpa likes this.
  4. tpatta Happily spending my daughter’s inheritance Oct 3, 2016

Expect a watch, a hearty thank you and "please sign here". I have received pens, loupes, valets, books, ect. Just depends on the boutique and the sales staff.

5. meganfox17 Oct 3, 2016

Guys ! Now Try & beat this OB courtesy service !
    So i gave the OB GM a call saying i was on my way to the boutique but when i couldnt find a car park spot in the mall., the OB folks took matters into their own hands ! Not once but twice i just handed over my car keys to them....[​IMG]

flw likes this.
  6. akshayluc420 Oct 3, 2016

When I bought my Moonwatch Moonphase (3876.50.31), I received a little kits comprising of a loupe, polishing cloth and a brush, all in a nice Omega branded metal box. When I bought my Blue AT8500, nothing. I guess it depends on what they've got currently.

Foo2rama likes this.
  7. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Oct 3, 2016

8. Taddyangle Convicted Invicta Wearer Oct 3, 2016

Purchased one watch from OB recently.

I always received great service from staff. They are knowledgeable enough, and very helpful with my modern Omega watch related needs. My only knock is in emails they refer to me as Mr. [Insert last name] vs my first name. Face to face it's by first name, so no complaints.

BTW, have received plenty of "free stuff" from them prior to buying. All due to a friend who has bought a few watches from the OB and was kind enough to invite me along.

Jwit likes this.
  9. watchme First Owner - Omega Darkside Oct 3, 2016

We receive great hospitality whenever my wife and I visit them.....of course I bought more than one watch....

Edited Oct 3, 2016
  10. lillatroll Oct 3, 2016

They did offer me a beer but not really bothered about all the hooha. Was happy to get my watch, pay the bill and bugger off to do other things. They do change straps on my vintage omega watches and I always get a coffee and a chat about what ever I happen to be wearing when I pop in as one of the sales staff is into vintage watches too.

11. Jess007 Oct 3, 2016

I heard that they used to give wallets and pens as complimentary gifts. Have they stopped this ?

12. BlackTalon This Space for Rent Oct 3, 2016

"they"? From my reading of this thread, what 'they' do varies from OB to OB.

tpatta and watchme like this.
  13. Frunkinator Keep tickin & tockin, work it all around the clock Oct 3, 2016

If you are planning to buy from the boutique, then ask of any discount they give to compete with authorized dealers prices. They will say none, but most of the times offer a free leather deployment to go along with your purchase.

14. Syed117 Oct 3, 2016

Fantastic service is a given. I've never had a bad experience at an Omega boutique. They are amazing.

I guess it depends on the kind of person you are.

Do you care about just the watch or do you care about the watch and your ego?

If the former, get the watch at the best price possible.

If you feel better and superior for owning the exact same watch as someone else, but you paid significantly more, the boutique is for you.

They may throw in some extras, they may not. Not really sure why people want those things. Not really a fan of products from companies that aren't known for those products. All those random extras are outsourced and stamped with an Omega logo. I wouldn't carry an Omega wallet or an Omega pen or wear an Omega hat.

If there wasn't such a large difference in msrp and prices attainable at just about any AD, I would be much more forgiving of the boutique "experience"

zestywesley and karalhoin like this.
  15. sydneywatchguy Oct 3, 2016

Will never find out because im too cheap to pay full retail.

16. meganfox17 Oct 3, 2016

What To Expect ? I demand every OBs to display life-size cardboard cut-outs of Omega President so that i can snap some Wefies[emoji14][​IMG]

Jwit and watchme like this.
  17. al128 unsolicited co-moderation giverer Oct 3, 2016

... My kind of guy...;)

Jwit and Larry S like this.
  18. Larry S Color Commentator for the Hyperbole. Oct 3, 2016

Screw the swag. I want the best deal possible. AD is the way to go.

bigtang1 likes this.
  19. deryk527 Oct 3, 2016

I've made a few purchases at the OB for myself and my wife. I've received lots of swag.

My favourite are the lanyards which I use at work daily for my ID tag.

Edited Oct 10, 2016
  20. EatMan Oct 3, 2016

If you want standard-issue Omegas, I agree no reason to buy from the boutique-- swags not enough to offset the savings you get from AD. But if you want to build a collection and get your hands on hard to get LE's, such as Silver Snoopy, OB is the way to go.