Forums Latest Members

Buy Omega NATO just to complete a set?

1. Unfamiliar_Moon Jul 9, 2019

I have a 2011 moonwatch, standard fare. Just got a couple months back, used (1 owner) from an AD that came with what I thought was the the full box & papers set, and an extra strap.

After arrival, I realized the "extra strap" should have been two (the NATO and Velcro), I just have the unused velcro. And it was also missing the red instructions booklet (but had all the other promotional booklets).

Given there's a bunch of these, is it worth it to pick up these parts of the set used? I typically don't like NATOs since it's either too loose or too tight, and I don't need the book as the PDF is online if I ever really want it.

The completionist in me wants to make the buys, but the frugal side says (those funds could be spent on a good strap or two).

2. padders Oooo subtitles! Jul 9, 2019

2011 is early for the suitcase kit. What model exactly do you have? If it is the 3570.50 then it never had any extra straps at all, those came in with the suitcase model, which as you say had 2, but the presence of otherwise of those doesn't really make a massive difference on a non LE model. I don't think you would recoup your outlay if you added one, they are very expensive. Its a different story on an LE where a full set can be vital and lack parts of which can knock 10-30% off the value.

3. rob#1 Jul 9, 2019

The standard black NATO isn’t currently available from Omega, and as you don’t sound like you’d ever use it I’d leave it.

4. madjestikmoose Can’t bat, can’t bowl Jul 9, 2019

They pop up on eBay from time to time, anything from £80-100.

5. Unfamiliar_Moon Jul 9, 2019

The reference on the box is, 311.30.42.30.01.005 - I wish it was an easier one to remember like the example you gave. I had to go dig that up from the picture I took of the box the day I received it. It definitely is the "suitcase" presentation with loupe, medallion, springbar tool, etc.

Wasn't aware it was off the books! Hmm.

I've an offer for a used one at about $90 - tempting, but as you've both pointed out not inherently value-changing nor necessarily something I'd use much. Just gathering opinions since I'm truly on the fence.

Edited Jul 10, 2019
  6. FlyingSnoopy Jul 9, 2019

If you are not going to use the nato strap then I would advise you not to buy it.
    You got a great watch, enjoy it!

7. Bernardino Jul 10, 2019

You can email Omega Customer service for a copy of the Instruction manual, they sent me one free of charge when I misplaced mine

Unfamiliar_Moon likes this.
  8. Unfamiliar_Moon Jul 10, 2019

I feel like I should send you a random unused strap for your service here. You may have just saved me $50.
    I'm not joking.

Bernardino likes this.
  9. Modernism Jul 10, 2019

I bought one of those NATO plain black Omega from a boutique for my PO, but I don't ever wear it, so if you're desperate and just have to have it, then, I may be willing to part with it. FYI, it's not as thick as the Bond Omega NATO in my profile pic, so it's more comfortable to wear. I thought they'd all be the same kind of thickness, but it's more pliable.

10. Bernardino Jul 10, 2019

No worries, glad I could help

11. Unfamiliar_Moon Jul 15, 2019

Swing and a miss :( Omega's reply:

12. 8100_RPM Jul 15, 2019

rob#1 likes this.