Buy in Osaka or buy online?

Hello,

I'm a UK resident thinking of buying a vintage quartz Omega Seamaster or Aqua Terra. I've noticed there are many online sellers in Japan who have good prices, and I'm planning a trip next year to Osaka which is supposed to be good for vintage Omega (no time to get to Tokyo unfortunately). I'm not in a hurry to buy a watch.

Would you hold off and try to buy in person in Osaka, or would you buy online?

Thank you for your help.

Do you have the ability to verify authenticity in Japan?

Hello,

I'm a UK resident thinking of buying a vintage quartz Omega Seamaster or Aqua Terra. I've noticed there are many online sellers in Japan who have good prices, and I'm planning a trip next year to Osaka which is supposed to be good for vintage Omega (no time to get to Tokyo unfortunately). I'm not in a hurry to buy a watch.

Would you hold off and try to buy in person in Osaka, or would you buy online?

Thank you for your help.

Having bought watches (modern & vintage) in Japan before:
1. Authenticity is not an issue usually for most reputable dealers in Japan
2. As for buying in person vs buying online, it depends how much time you have to shop in Osaka. You might (or might not) have enough time to browse the many watch shops there.
3. The buying in person vs online dichotomy: you can actually do both (which I've done) for some of the big dealers. Pay a deposit for something you see online, then pick it up in Osaka when you're there. They can usually hold it for you for up to a month max. You have to be pretty sure you know the watch and the condition based on the photos though if you want to go that route. Bring your passport so you don't get hit by the GST.

I would buy in person:
For the experience
Walk away with the prize and no shipping and customs hassle
Have a memory of the trip