Forums Latest Members
  1. Optimizer13 Jul 20, 2015

Hi guys,

It's my first encounter with this issue -- any of you know what happened to the lume here? Does it look awful or is anything can be done? Maybe a job to "balance" the leftover lume? Or just leave as it is? Ideas welcome!

Cheers!

2. oddboy Zero to Grail+2998 In Six Months Jul 20, 2015

Opinion will probably be divided, but probably best to leave as is.

I bet it looks fine on the wrist.

Wrist shot?

3. Optimizer13 Jul 20, 2015

Thanks oddboy! I don't have one yet... best I have so far...

4. tsbphd Jul 20, 2015

Looks like it partially crumbled, but it is odd that it would have done so from outside-in unless there was an external catalyst for the event.

5. Spacefruit Prolific Speedmaster Hoarder Jul 21, 2015

this looks like a 105.012-66, a CB case if I am not mistaken.

The lume on the dial is perhaps an artifact of previous attempts to improve the appearance of the dial, or some other environmental factor. Either way, it is a devaluation. Not necessarily a reason not to buy, as these are quite rare, but I do not like the dial in this condition.

The hands too, are signs the watch has received attention. They look superluminova.

I would want to know why the hour totaliser is where it is. Is the chrono running, or reset in the photos?

All in, this watch shows signs of work by incompetents.

6. Optimizer13 Jul 21, 2015

I was just told that the original hands were bent and was scraping the lume...hence they were replaced.

Edited Jan 11, 2016
  7. mac_omega Jul 21, 2015

Despite the issues it is still a very nice watch, very crisp lugs which is most important with the CB cases - hands can be replaced with vintage ones if you are a little patient.

depends on the price and movement condition... if that is right I would not hesitate to buy