Forums Latest Members

Bumper Polerouter Chronometre Jumbo... and a Deluxe !

1. Bill Sohne Bill @ ΩF Staff Member Dec 28, 2013

Hi everyone...

I actually have a few of these that I collected over many years...

this was the first one I found.... dial is very faded but original.. These two steel cases are JUMBO at 36 mm in diameter !

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

another one...

[​IMG]

here is a shot of the chrometre grade movement....

[​IMG]

two tale-tails 1) serial number on the movement 2) notice that the movement is not marked " UNADJUSTED"

I also have a gold shell / cap example but that case is 34 mm in diameter also houses a 138 SS chronometre grade movement.

just for giggles I also including the photos of my first generation Polerouter Deluxe in 18k yellow gold the dial is not marked chronometre but it houses a chronometre grade 138 SS as well... Also came across some old ads showing the watch coming with a bulletin.. .

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

On a side note you know UG made a manual wind chronometre also !!! but I will save that for another post ( as I cant find my photos ! ).

Good hunting

Bill Sohne

2. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe Dec 28, 2013

Nice collection you have there Bill. I am searching for UG Deluxe, too. Try to open my eyes for decent example.

3. Bill Sohne Bill @ ΩF Staff Member Dec 28, 2013

Thank you... I honestly forget some of the stuff I have.... been years since wearing alot of it. UG has a lot of nice stuff and so does other brands like Certina , Cyma and a few others I have been watching over the last few years.

Good Hunting

bill sohne

4. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Dec 29, 2013

There are two Polerouter DeLuxes currently for sale on eBay. One has the case style like Bill's except with a very pretty black dial and no chronometer serial number on the movement. The seller is asking very large dollars, which is why it has been out there for a long time.

The other also has a black dial with the microrotor and a more traditional Polerouter case.

Search "Polerouter" on eBay and you'll find them.

Take care,
    gatorcpa

jcarel likes this.
  5. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe Dec 29, 2013

Found them.....thanks.