Forums Latest Members
  1. Stu-Silver Feb 16, 2015

Hi all, been trying to find another example of an early Omega bumper which belongs to my friend. Might have the opportunity to buy this so looking for info to help me decide. I only have the single picture, it's an 18k case (which is immaculate) with fancy lugs and a white dial which seems a bit unusual to me, but looks original. I have searched images on Google etc. and can't find any others with these hour markers anywhere. Does anybody have another example with this case and or dial? I don't have model no. but think this is very early 50's. Your thoughts, appraisal, info and photos would be greatly appreciated.

image.jpg
  2. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Feb 16, 2015

The watch looks original to me, but without pictures of the inside of the caseback, there is very little we can tell you that you don't already know.

One thing to be careful about is that Swiss made Omega cases generally don't have specific fineness markings on the outside. Therefore, if the small gold hallmarks are visible, you need to see a Queen's head for 18K or a Squirrel for 14K. If neither are visible, then this is either a US made case (which are generally 14K gold or gold-filled) or not an Omega made case at all.

So it really is very important to take the watch to a watchmaker and have it opened up. All the critical information will be inside.

Hope this helps,
    gatorcpa

noelekal likes this.