Forums Latest Members
  1. erpin9 Apr 8, 2015

I am not familiar with bullheads. Most that I have seen are Seikos and Citizens until I met this collector who showed me other bullhead brands like Breitling, Omega and Bulova. He said I could buy just one from his collection except the Omega. I asked about the Bulova and he quoted $2.5K for it. Is that a reasonable price? Btw the Omega was stunning.

2. dougiedude Carpe horologium! Apr 8, 2015

I hope you're going to post a picture (or pictures) ...

3. erpin9 Apr 8, 2015

Sorry was not able to take a picture but the condition of the Bulova is minty. The owner said its also known as the parking meter watch because the dial design looks like a parking meter which it does. Borrowed the picture below from uniquewatches.net.

[​IMG]

4. erpin9 Apr 8, 2015

I checked ebay just now and there is a new listing of the Bulova Bullhead with a buy it now price of $1,495 only, which means his asking price of $2.5k was really stiff.

5. dougiedude Carpe horologium! Apr 8, 2015

tick the box 'Completed Listings' in your search to see what they've been selling for.

6. lillatroll Apr 8, 2015

The one on ebay has a missing original bezel which might explain the price. ( if its the same watch)

7. ulackfocus Apr 8, 2015

One listing for a less-than-average-condition watch is not how to judge what the rest sell for. There is a premium for excellent condition.

Reminds me of a time I was selling a legitimate NOS Bulova Super Seville (Rolex Day/Date clone) and a buyer tried to use a beat-up redial on eBay as his leverage to lower the price on mine. I ended up giving him a break, but never forgot that.

erpin9 likes this.
  8. erpin9 Apr 8, 2015

You are absolutely right, I checked the listing again and true enough the bezel is missing.

9. lillatroll Apr 9, 2015

There do not seem to be too many of these about, and the mint ones seem to be going for around 2-25k so I suppose it does not seem like an unreasonable price. Personally, if I liked it that much then I would buy it, otherwise you might regret it. I would rather pay too much for a watch I wanted rather than let it get away from me. If you are not sure then don't buy it and spend your money on a watch you really want. A few days thinking time will give you time to decide if you really want it or just like it.

erpin9 likes this.