Forums Latest Members
  1. Bill K May 5, 2018

Hello all,

I'm entering the world of luxury watches and omega is my first choice. I'm trying to find a nice speedy 3511.50/80 to start things off. I was considering the below, but it's got some noticeable dings on the bezel... Would these buff out or is it irreparable?

[​IMG]

Screenshot_20180505-073425.png
  2. Tootalltim May 5, 2018

Leave the dings and scuffs, it’s part of its history! By all means give it a clean but I personally wouldn’t start trying to polish out stuff.

My 3551 has small scratches all over the bezel, plus a decent sized scratch in the sapphire - rather than being precious about it, I treat it as my “beater” watch. It’s amazing how freeing it is to just wear it and not care that it might pick up a few extra knocks or two

Bill K likes this.
  3. Magnix May 5, 2018

This kind of bezels are Just steel, so the color dont change during the years. Think the best is to replace it if you want it better.

4. Bill K May 5, 2018

It would definitely be my beater but I feel like I should start with something relatively unbeaten given I have a propensity to beat the hell out of my watches... Lol

5. Bill K May 5, 2018

Sorry if I should be asking this elsewhere but do you have any idea what I'd be looking at for a bezel replacement?

6. dennisthemenace Hey, he asked for it! May 5, 2018

Around £200/ $280 off the top of my head. Might be more now though.

Bill K likes this.
  7. Tootalltim May 5, 2018

Exactly my point though. Scratching a pristine watch hurts a hell of a lot less than one that’s already seen some action

8. Bill K May 5, 2018

This is true... But there's a certain point where I won't want to wear it any more so if it's already like 70% of the way there then I think I'm screwing myself.

9. Vercingetorix Spam Risk May 5, 2018

I believe the bezel is attached to the crystal on these. So cost will be bezel, gasket and pressure test.

10. Bill K May 5, 2018

Thank You! I will consider it, probably worth holding out for one that's in a bit better condition