Forums Latest Members
  1. lenny Apr 5, 2014

Since there is almost no information available on this watch, I thought I would do a quick write up on it.

First impressions:
    It is huge and the highly reflective tungsten coated case makes it seem larger still. The lugs are 22mm wide and it really needs a large wrist. Since one isn't available, my 6.75" wrist will have to do :). The dial is a light shade of blue while the chrono subdials are highly polished, just like the hard metal case. My example has never been opened before, and as a consequence, has melted gasket goo front and back. Functions work properly though.

Basic History:
    The main claim to fame for this watch is the tungsten coated metal cap that covers the front and sides. Omega released two versions of it in 1970, one that was steel colored ("Anakin Skywalker") and another that was dark colored ("Darth Vader"). They were both part of the Seamaster family. The case reference is: 145.0023. Dimensions are 51mm x 47.5mm (with crown). It weighs 153g with an Omega mesh. These watches were also released by both Lemania (which made the movement (cal. 1873) and Bucherer, a large Swiss jewelry chain. I have seen the former with a black dial and white chapter ring on tz-uk.

Some photos (severely melted gasket warning!):
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] <Note that the lugs and everything outside of the caseback and where it screws in is part of the tungsten coated metal cap.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Sources:
    Chronomaddox.com
    Tz-uk.com

Kimmo, RainMAN 777, AuBuyer and 5 others like this.
  2. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe Apr 5, 2014

Amazing watch..........and Dibs please.

3. initialjh Apr 6, 2014

nice... very nice

4. webvan Apr 6, 2014

Thanks for sharing, beautiful! Had no idea had rebranded Omega watches, or Rodania, were there others?

5. Tom Dick and Harry Apr 7, 2014

I wondered who'd bagged that, these butcherer variants are lovely, they really are! The Blue dial really sets the case off IMHO

6. lenny Apr 9, 2014

7. webvan Apr 10, 2014

Thanks, a lot of eye candy over there ;-)

8. RainMAN 777 Mar 14, 2019

Love the watch looks amazing.