Forums Latest Members
  1. EdtheAussie Jul 25, 2017

Hi guys,

Saw this 69 speedy and was wondering how you think about this brown dial?

Untitled.png
    untitled1.png

Thanks,
    Ed

2. KJH666 Jul 25, 2017

Do you know why it was removed. The watch in the box looks like a brand new watch apart from the bracelet.

3. Tubber Jul 25, 2017

Serviced by Omega?

ConElPueblo likes this.
  4. KJH666 Jul 25, 2017

Agreed, but it's hard to believe that the previous owner would let them destroy a vintage piece by making the Watch look like it was made yesterday.

I know Omega, just like Rolex have no respect for vintage anything and just want the watch to look and conform to modern day standards.

A lesson for us all here - me thinks :)

5. MaiLollo Jul 25, 2017

A nice bonus to have, but I don't find it that attractive (especially the lume). It depends on the price and what they've done to the case. You have most of the parts (maybe the crown has been replaced) so it's no biggie to me

6. ConElPueblo Jul 25, 2017

Unless they are specifically told not to, this is what will happen. If you are not clued up on vintage watches and what makes them valuable and only want to have your late father's watch (or your own for that sake) serviced by the brand's own service department (see "not clued up"), you would probably love the result.

7. Wing Zero Jul 25, 2017

Atleast Omega returned the original parts back to the owner.

Rolex would have taken it and the owner would not have gotten it back.

8. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Jul 25, 2017

Even if you specifically tell them not to, they may still insist on replacing these parts, or will refuse the service. Omega simply will not leave a dial on a watch when they have concerns about it, no matter what the customer asks for.

True - I have a friend who works in a Rolex service center - all the old parts get tossed in a large bin, and that is taken away and parts are destroyed every so often...just thinking of what they destroy makes me sick...

9. KJH666 Jul 25, 2017

You have painted me a picture of DRSD dials, milsub 60 min marker inserts and gladiator hands, superdome crystals and gilt dials from numerous early sports models and a few hundred 9315 folded link bracelets all being crushed and turned into dust.

10. ConElPueblo Jul 25, 2017

I had a friend tell me what him and (another) watchmaker friend once threw out when clearing out a deceased colleague's workshop... I cried a little.