Forums Latest Members
  1. Tamaren Mar 9, 2017

Hello all,
    I may not be looking hard enough, but there is little information on the 57 broad arrow in 18k and steel (No.321.93.42.50.13.001) I am looking at one tomorrow and I know about the 3313 movement, and I really enjoy the look of the watch, but there seems to be little love for them/not much on them. Can anyone point me in the right direction or explain why they don't seem to be too common? Also not much out there to judge market/fair price off of... Pic for reference.
    Thanks!

00i0i_c2hGEKEusTq_600x450.jpg
  2. lillatroll Mar 9, 2017

Perhaps it has something to do with versatility. If someone is only going to buy one relatively expensive watch then one consideration might be how it works in all situations. The SS version is more versatile.
    Another reason might be that it might be considered unattractive by many. If I had lots of modern watches then I might buy this because it is different, I am not sure how much wrist time it would get though.

3. Tamaren Mar 9, 2017

I agree- It's very "loud" compared to a moonwatch- but I think it dresses up in the right situation. I get a gentleman's racer/turn-of-the-century study vibe from it. It's out of the norm at least.
    I was looking for a moonwatch to replace my reduced, and came across this locally, and I really liked the look.

4. Nicherotors Mar 10, 2017

If you wear a lot of brown then this could be the watch for you.

I still wear mine quite a lot after seven years of ownership despite being one of several Speedmasters in the collection. Think I prefer the bracelet to the leather strap but it's a close run thing.

IMG_0540.JPG
    Lou P, Jwit, alam and 1 other person like this.
  5. lillatroll Mar 10, 2017

If you like it then that is the only thing that matters so go ahead and buy it. When I consider a watch for purchase, I like to look at it a few times over a longer period of time to see if I still want it, perhaps you can think about it for a few weeks. Also Basel world is only a few weeks away and there might be something that you like more.

6. Tamaren Mar 10, 2017

I feel like I have to see it in person to fully appreciate the colors and see if it matches. I love the design of the moonwatch, but the appeal of having something different might be worth it. I'll have to think about it a bit.

7. ctime3 Mar 10, 2017

I am not an expert like the guys here but I like that because it's unique

8. Tamaren Mar 10, 2017

I decided to go for it. So far, it looks spectacular, and wears wonderful, Now to choose a strap!

9. alam Mar 10, 2017

pictures or it never happened! :) congrats :thumbsup:

Edited Mar 10, 2017
  10. Tamaren Mar 10, 2017

Thanks! Sorry they are a little dusty, just grabbed these real quick.

20170310-IMG_9299.jpg 20170310-IMG_9317.jpg 20170310-IMG_9323.jpg
    Lou P and alam like this.