Forums Latest Members

Broken Titanium Deployment Clasp (bought in September 2018)

1. Usapstriot Nov 28, 2018

Hello,

I purchased a PO mens with a 20mm blue strap from JOMASHOP. I do love this watch truly nice. The plate that is pictured just sort of slid off? I barley wear this watch and never have been rough with it at all? I brought to Omega nd they said it couldn't be fixed at all even though nothing was broken or bent.

Now I called JOMASHOP and asked them if there was anything they could do. The answer was no, in fact I had ordered a Vacheron Overseas Chrono from them just over a year prior for $16,000. Only the inside parts are covered under JOMASHOP. The AD seemed to be like "oh well" and they would be right. I dont think the watch is counterfeit in anyway, just wanted JOMASHOP to fix or replace. Any way it will be put up for sale for parts.

InkedIMG_6276_LI.jpg IMG_6274.JPG IMG_6276.JPG
    superfly likes this.
  2. valkyrie_rider Nov 28, 2018

Damn, that is a bummer.

Jomashop should step up and help you out, I think.

That being said, from a pragmatic point of view, wouldn't be easier to visit a local watchmaker to have it fixed?

Seems like something minor (but maybe I'm mistaken).

superfly likes this.
  3. redpcar Nov 28, 2018

Are you venting about the deployant or asking for something from the collective? :coffee:

4. drhombus24 Nov 28, 2018

5. Usapstriot Nov 29, 2018

DRHOMBUS

That is apparently exactly what happened! The little button was depressed some how and the spring popped out! Damm it. I just sold it for $69.00 and bought a stainless steel clasp for $243.00. Lesson learned.

6. connieseamaster Nov 29, 2018

For future reference, the Jomashop warranty (if you're not just exchanging a watch that was DOA) is less useful than toilet paper. The rationale brhibe buying grey market is thatbyoullt save enough off sticker to cover the first service or so.

7. rcs914 Nov 29, 2018

Wow a genuine Omega titanium clasp for $69.... that's a deal for someone!