Forums Latest Members
  1. DotOverNine Mar 21, 2019

Hi all, i've had this broken but otherwise good looking Speedmaster LCD watch for some years now in a drawer.

Finally i let a watchmaker have a look at it. Apparently the Lcd module needs to be replaced.
    Could it be worth it to hunt for a such and in that case, where?

There's no sentimental value or so in this one for me, would just be "fun" to have it running.

Any thoughts?
    IMG_4305.jpg

2. Mouse_at_Large still immune to Speedmaster attraction Mar 21, 2019

You may already have come across this thread. I think the OP might be able to guide you - maybe send him a PM?

3. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Mar 21, 2019

I have a Cal. 1615 in the shop right now that requires a new electronic module (circuit). The Omega Extranet showed that a recycled circuit is available, but that the whole movement had to be sent to Omega. When I asked the parts people about this odd requirement (usually it's just an exchange of that one part) they told me the entire watch has to be sent in. They won't sell parts for these, so although a new LCD module is shown as available, the watch would have to be sent to Omega for repairs, and that would be expensive relative to the value of the watch certainly.

If you can manage to find a spare somewhere that has a good LCD module, then maybe your watchmaker can make it work. If you decide not to go that route, let me know if you want to unload it for parts - might be able to get my customer's watch running with parts from yours, if yours really does only need the LCD replaced...

kov likes this.