Forums Latest Members
  1. EKTF Jan 14, 2016

Hi,

The other day I was playing with my Omega Deville and the crown came loose. Today I visited my local watchmaker and he said that he would not be able to repair the crown. He said that he had never seen a crown break in this way. Could you please help me, either by letting me know how to repair the crown or help me find an identical original replacement crown. Please let me know if you need additional pictures.

I am really grateful for all the help I can get as I am fond of my watch with its crown.

IMG_6776.jpg IMG_6768.jpg IMG_6769.jpg IMG_6770.jpg IMG_6771.jpg IMG_6773.jpg

2. EKTF Jan 14, 2016

Perhaps these photos from before it broke could be helpful.

s-l1600.jpg s-l1600 (1).jpg

3. EKTF Jan 14, 2016

And

s-l1600 (2).jpg

4. Horlogerie EU based Professional Watchmaker Jan 14, 2016

It looks as if the inner part of the crown has separated from the outer part.

Hard to be 100% sure if that's what's happened, but I have seen this before.

If it was mine, I would get some 603 loctite, put a small bead around the inner edge of the crown, and push it back in place over the piece still sticking out of the case, this should mend the two parts. If that doesn't work, then a new crown is in order.

Rob

blubarb likes this.
  5. EKTF Jan 15, 2016

Hi Rob,

Thank you for your quick response. I have googled 603 loctite and it sounds promising. I will try that. Thank you for your input!

If it would not work, do you know how I identify what crown the watch currently has?

David

6. Horlogerie EU based Professional Watchmaker Jan 15, 2016

Hello David,

I checked the case number listed on your caseback with my supplier, unfortunately that case number is not listed.

Someone probably has access to a cross reference table with the case number and corresponding crown number. If that's not possible, then the option is to measure the crown dimensions and match it up with a replacement omega crown.

Rob

7. blubarb Jan 15, 2016

Interesting. Usually it's the stem that's the problem? If I recall correctly they used a split stem system. In any event I think Horlogerie has nailed it.

8. ChrisN Jan 15, 2016

Cousins list many Omega crowns. Here is an example and shows the information that you need.
    Screenshot_2016-01-15-12-44-57.png

Don't worry about the tap size as it's a 550 movement so Rob, @Horlogerie probably knows it as will others. I'm sorry but I don't remember.

The other 3 you can measure yourself. The pendant tube is the tube sticking out of the watch and it is the outside diameter.

You'll probably need a new stem part as they are cut to length.

Hope this helps, Chris

9. EKTF Jan 17, 2016

Thank you all for your help. I have now ordered some 603 loctite and feel quite confident that it should work (based on what I have read about it). If the crown comes loose I will try to find a replacement crown based on the measurements.

10. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Jan 18, 2016

Case 6292 brings up crown part 069SX42102 as a replacement should you need one. Note that this will not likely look like the crown you have now...

Cheers, Al