Forums Latest Members

SOLD Breitling Geneve Datora 2034 PVD from 1973

1. JimJupiter Jul 26, 2017

Hey guys,

I am selling this rare piece of Breitling. Its a Datora 2034 with PVD coat, all in all black dial and PVD bracelet. I couldn't find another one in the old interweb so I wrote Breitling an Email. They say the following (German):

"Sehr geehrter Herr XXX,

wir bedanken uns für Ihre Anfrage.

Da wir die Uhr nicht in unserem Hause haben können wir Ihnen nicht versichern, dass es sich um ein Original handelt. Wir können Ihnen aber mitteilen, dass das Modell 2034 mit geschwärztem Gehäuse und komplett schwarzen Zifferblatt von Breitling produziert worden ist. Es handelt sich wahrscheinlich um eine Sonderserie für das Militär, was auch die fehlende Seriennummer erklären würde. Mit Sicherheit können wir dies aber nicht sagen, da die Dokumentation Mitte der 70er noch nicht lückenlos war.

Wir hoffen, dass unsere Informationen für Sie hilfreich sind und Sie viel Freude mit Ihrer Vintage-Uhr haben werden.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Birgit Gegenheimer"

Long story short, they are saying, that they don't have a second one in their company so they can't say if its original. But they say, that there was a PVD 2034 build by Breilting with black dial. The nice women thinks, that this is a special military version. Meanwhile I found the serial number on the back, but its hardly visible: 141XXXX. That dates the watch back to 1973. Members of the Breitling Facebook Group told me, they have seen very few of them over the years, but its legit.

The watch case was restored. New PVD Coat, new crown, new pushers. The Dial is very nice with a very tiny mark between the left sub and the "Breitling" text. There was also a Cal. 12 version with that dial which is also very rare.
    The movement, a Valjoux 7734 is running nice with +9 Sec / day and 266° amplitude.
    The watch comes with a genuine PVD bracelet, marked Breitling Geneve. It fits my 17cm, with the integrated extension maybe 2cm more.

Because of its rarity, I'd like to have 1750€ net to me obro.

Thanks and cheers,

Nico
    DSC_1215.JPG DSC_1219.JPG DSC_1224.JPG DSC_1228.JPG DSC_1231.JPG DSC_1236.JPG DSC_1239.JPG
    FullSizeRender (15).jpg

jimmytf86 likes this.