Forums Latest Members

FSOT Breitling Colt Quartz 1 from 1997 Full Set

1. pnwyankee Nov 4, 2019

For Sale is my Breitling Colt Quartz 1, purchased from an authorized dealer, I am the original owner

I purchased this lovely watch back in 1997, in a period when I wasn't wearing a fine timepiece on my wrist every day, so it didn't get all that much use back then and it has spent most of the last 15 years sitting in it's box in a drawer.

As you would expect it keeps time like a champ, it has never been serviced, the battery was changed several years ago and that would have been the only time the back of the watch was opened.

Everything is original, unpolished.

On original, attractive Breitling bracelet with original Breitling steel fold clasp.

Signed Crown

Movement: Quartz
    Case: Steel
    Bracelet: Steel
    Glass: Sapphire Glass
    Dial: White with Arabic Numerals
    Case Diameter: 38mm

This watch is an excellent example of a military-styled Colt—a watch that has since become one of Breitling's most popular and accessible pieces thanks to its great legibility and sturdiness. This is a beautifully finished piece, with a shot-blasted case, flat dial and large, luminous numerals. The superbly designed quartz movement was one of the most accurate for the time, and remains a great timekeeper.

Price: $900. plus shipping ( Priority Mail, Insured )
    Payment: Paypal Gift ( Friends & Family ), Bank Transfer, if you have a preferred method of payment I am open to suggestions.

References upon request from OF, eBay ( 459 feedbacks, 100% positive ) , plus 261 feedbacks (100% positive ) from a well known online photography website ( the gear here is more expensive than watches! )

Please consider these pictures a part of the item description....
    ( Pictures are high resolution and can be expanded by clicking on them )

Breitling left focus.jpg Breitling right focus.jpg Breitling_.jpg Breitling Caseback.jpg Breitling Bracelet.jpg Breitling Bracelet-2.jpg Breitling Bracelet-3.jpg Breitling Boxes.jpg Breitling Documents.jpg

Edited Nov 7, 2019
    03Hemi likes this.
  2. pnwyankee Nov 7, 2019

Bump up

3. larryganz The cable guy Nov 7, 2019

Luminova or Tritium Lume?

03Hemi likes this.
  4. pnwyankee Nov 7, 2019

I couldn't find the answer in the Instruction booklet - found this on watchuseek:
    Breilting uses SL. I think the switch was in the early 90s. If your watch has:
    T Swiss Made T On the dial, it is tritium. ( The Ts denote tritium.)

Don't see "T Swiss Made T" on my dial.
    Since you asked about Lume, I took the watch into a dark closet and nothing glowed back at me - is that the best way to check to see if the Lume is working?

5. larryganz The cable guy Nov 7, 2019

Some 1997 Omega Seamaster Pro didn't have the T SWISS MADE T on them but were still Tritium which aged or developed a patina. So, I assume that Breitling might be the same, and though yours doesn't have the T's it didn't glow.

Your hands and dial look nice, like an aged Tritium, so if that's the case then it will appeal to many who don't need the dial or hands to glow in the dark (I think it looks very nice). I tried to give my son a similar watch, my 38mm TAG Heuer with tritium dial from the mid 90's, and he rejected it due to inactive lume.

If you put the watch in the sunlight, or shine a bright flashlight on the dial and hands for 20 seconds, Superluminova will glow for quite a while (hours) in the dark, while Tritium might glow for 30-120 seconds.

6. pnwyankee Nov 7, 2019

Here is the result of the 20 second flashlight test - see picture below
    Glow lasted less than a minute, so based on your theory, this would be Tritium
    IMG_1370.jpg

larryganz likes this.
  7. pnwyankee Nov 9, 2019

Bump

8. pnwyankee Nov 10, 2019

Bump

9. pnwyankee Nov 12, 2019

Open to your reasonable offers

10. 03Hemi Dec 26, 2019

I may be interested in this watch, but what quartz movement does it have as I’m aware some came with a Seiko movement if I’m not mistaken (right?) Nice watch though!

11. pnwyankee Dec 26, 2019

Sorry, ended up selling it on eBay. :(

12. 03Hemi Dec 26, 2019

Someone got a good deal, congratulations