Forums Latest Members

Breitling Chronomat 41 questions

1. No.15 Jul 22, 2017

As posted in the MD deals thread this watch is for sale at what seems to be an awesome price. Being really new to the watch world in a serious way I decided to do some research on this model. I did not want to clutter the deals thread with this discussion hence the new post.

This model as far as I can tell came out in 2012 and was limited to 2000 pieces. Can someone explain why in 5 years Breitling could not sell 2000 copies of this? At least 40 are available on MD so sales must have been real bad IMO. Even at this price the MD sales seem slow.

Arguably it has a great movement, nice design and is well made. Was it priced to high? Does this model have a bad rep? Is the Breitling rep just that bad? Other?

In fairness I must say my short experience with this brand turned me off. My lovely wife purchased me a LE Blackbird for Christmas one year. The watch was just way to big and busy looking for me so we returned it and I got a different watch more my speed.

2. morningtundra Jul 22, 2017

Many pundits are claiming the used market is very soft at the moment... lousy for dealers. Great for buyers.

I'm not familiar with this ref but thought the context might help.