Forums Latest Members

Brands that I have had good luck with.

1. Pine Webster Apr 16, 2019

Here are three brands that I think provide excellent value and are just pretty useful.

1) Omega. I have owned a lot of Swatch Group watches over the years and have found them to be excellent. The Omega 2500 D movement has been reliable and accurate. I have owned many watches powered by ETA 2892 movements and they have always been a solid workhorse engine. The 2500 D is no different. I owned a PO with a 2500 C motor and I had zero problems with that movement as well. I know that there were some lubrication issues from the factory with the 2500 C, but Omega has seemed to resolve that issue for their customers.

The SMPC introduced in 2012 is a fantastic watch. Most comfortable bracelet ever! I like to refer to this generation of the "Diver 300" as the "NON WAVE DIAL". I still own the first one I bought Topper's in 2012. This watch was my daily for about three years. A very well made product. I would not hesitate to recommend this watch to anyone.

Back in the mid 90's I collected Heuer. More specifically Heuer Carrera Chronographs from the 60's. I had models with both Valjoux 92 and Valjoux 72 movements. I loved the Heuer Carrera, but the case/dial size was always a little small for me.

I finally bought a Speedy. 1861 motor. This watch reminds me of all the manual wind watches I have owned in the past, but with a larger dial. What can I say? You cannot go wrong with MOTM. The build quality is excellent. The hesalite reminds me a lot of the watches made in the 60's.

So I would say that Omega produces an excellent product that if taken care of will last a life time.

2) Seiko. I have also owned a lot of Seiko watches over the years. I still own the first Seiko my Dad gave me in the early 80's. It still works. Seiko watches are great products. I know that the 2019 releases are moving the brand a bit more upscale, but the basic models are still fantastic watches. The Seiko Divers are fun, robust, and affordable. I own a 009 and a Turtle. I would also highly recommend strap code bracelets, they just work very well.

Seiko watches are great products.

3) Casio. I keep a couple of these all over the house. I use them in the kitchen all the time. They will take a TON of abuse. Accurate, reliable, tough and handy Casio watches are designed and built very well. Incredible value. The past two years a G Shock as been my daily. Great for all your home improvement projects!

OMEGA SMPC THREE.jpg OMEGA SMPC 4 11 2019 2.jpg OMEGA SPEEDMASTER 2 4 11 2019.jpg 20181123_090353.jpg 007 ON OYSTER.jpg 009 ON OYSTER 4 11 2014.jpg PADI ON OYSTER 4 11 2014.jpg PADI ON JUBILEE 04 11 2019.jpg G Shock (4) 4 11 2019.jpg 3 G SHOCKS IN WATER.jpg