Forums Latest Members

Branding on Airport Clocks

1. NT931 Dec 20, 2013

While I've noticed some airports have a wall of clocks showing times in different cities which are often linked to a brand (eg. "Time by XYZ"), I've never really paid much attention to the brands of the clocks at the departure gates.

Until today, when I was at the Siem Reap airport departure gate. I looked up, and unexpectedly there was an Omega Constellation clock, complete with claws...

IMG_3355.JPG

2. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe Dec 20, 2013

Nice one. I found many in Arab Saudi (the older double claw model) and of course in Switzerland

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Dec 26, 2013

In Dubai / DXB every clock is a Rolex / fluted bezel Datejust style thing, was surprised by how limited the Omega selection was, Rolex boutiques were on every causeway.

4. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Dec 27, 2013

In Dubai a few times this year and Omega and Zenith never had a soul in there and Rolex and PP were packed all day every day.

Had the best customer service in the Zenith store but price's were a few grand above normal.

5. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Dec 27, 2013

The funny thing was on causeway A of terminal 3 I took a photo of the biggest of the Rolex stands near the center of the shopping mall, then on my way back via causeway B I'm at a similar one, pull out my phone and notice its not similar its identical, right down to the exact models and how they were displayed. Its like they want them to be mirror images.

6. Spy You know my name. Dec 27, 2013

At Côte d'Azur airport there is an OMEGA clock as you enter baggage claim when arriving and at Charles de Gaulle in Paris there are Rolex clocks. In many lounges at airports I have seen Breitling too.

7. Gavin It's the quiet ones you have to 'watch' out for. Dec 27, 2013

Look out for the AP RO clocks in the Changi Airport when you come to Singapore in Feb.

8. CdnWatchDoc Dec 27, 2013

Brietling clocks (black with white accents) are standard in Air Canada lounges in airports across Canada..they usually have 4 time zones, matched to major cities.

9. clos53000 Jun 14, 2014

Any clue how much the small ones are worth and where I could buy one?