Forums Latest Members
  1. kangol May 23, 2015

Hi
    First post and it's not a happy one!
    I have just bought a brand new Omega Seamaster Divers Watch 300m which was delivered this week.
    All was going well until I started using the chronograph. If I stop it with the large second hand on or just after the 30sec mark it doesn't reset back to zero, it resets back to about the 50 sec mark and I have to restart it ,stop it again and then reset it.
    Is this normal?
    Thanks

2. RLC May 23, 2015

No....it should zero no matter where it's stopped.

Bob

3. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member May 23, 2015

Which model?

4. Canuck May 23, 2015

If your Omega is mechanical, sounds as though there's a problem. The dealer should look after that for you. If it is Quartz, I suspect it needs to be zero matched. If it is quartz, it should have come with instructions as to how to zero match. If you didn't get an owner's manual, your dealer should be able to supply one. If all else fails, instructions for zero matching a quartz chronograph should be available on line.

If your Omega is mechanical, and grey market, you may have a problem having warranty work done on it, I suspect.

5. kangol May 23, 2015

It's model 212.30.44.50.03.001 which is automatic. It resets fine from all other points except if the chrono second hand is by the 30sec point. As I say, it's 4 days old so will not be asking for a repair but either a replacement or full refund.

6. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member May 23, 2015

Its most likely a very small thing, that's a quite solid movement really. Definitely go back to them and have it sorted out asap to your satisfaction but its a very rare thing to have happen. Did it come from a boutique, AD or grey market?

7. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker May 23, 2015

That has a Cal. 3330, which is a modified ETA 7750 based watch. Resetting issues are unusual on this one, so get the dealer to sort it out.

Cheers, Al

8. kangol May 23, 2015

Just tried to video it so I can email the retailer but it won't do it now - typical!
    Could it of been happening because the power reserve was low? I only wore the watch for about 2 hours yesterday and I noticed the problem when I first put in on this morning.

9. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker May 23, 2015

The ability to reset the chronograph is not related to the state of wind of the mainspring.

Cheers, Al