Braclet adjustment on Omega Seamaster 300m

Hey there,

I've recently bought an Omega Seamaster from 2002, and have tried to adjust the strap. My issue is that I am in between link sizes (take on off its too tight, put one one its too loose). My braclet doesn't have the micro-adjustments, so I was wondering if anyone knows a way in which I can very slightly adjust it?

Thanks

Does the bracelet include any half-links? (If not, maybe you could obtain one?)

PS—this does happen sometimes. There have been a couple watches over the years where I just couldn’t get a good fit no matter what. Had to move on.

Hey there,

I've recently bought an Omega Seamaster from 2002, and have tried to adjust the strap. My issue is that I am in between link sizes (take on off its too tight, put one one its too loose). My braclet doesn't have the micro-adjustments, so I was wondering if anyone knows a way in which I can very slightly adjust it?

Thanks

If you don’t have any half-links, go to your AD and order a couple. If you have one, still order a couple. Two half-links combined on these old bracelets does not equal a full link. On some bracelets, it is a little smaller. On some, a little longer. You just have to experiment, unfortunately.

It’s a pain, but I was always able to find a combination of half and full links that provided a good fit.

One other word of warning — you can find “Omega” half-links on EBay for sale, but many are fake. Better to source from an AD so you know it will work. These old bracelets use a pin/collar system, and many of those fakes use a friction pin, which is worthless for these bracelets. But you won’t realize that until you get it. I know from experience.

I bought a micro adjustment clasp plus endlinks and pins for my 2220.80 and I can’t recommend it enough. Especially useful during this hot spell we’re enjoying just now.

Half links are the best option imo. I would not change the clasp as I believe it's the best Omega has ever made.

Half links are the best option imo. I would not change the clasp as I believe it's the best Omega has ever made.
I beg to differ. I’ve had both clasps and can 100% say the micro adjustment clasp is far superior.

I beg to differ. I’ve had both clasps and can 100% say the micro adjustment clasp is far superior.

While I do agree with this (i made the change on my co-axial Seamaster Pro), it is longer, thicker, and wider. I can see why some would prefer the original clasp with half-links.

Each to his own. The old deployant mechanism is completely hidden in the clasp when closed, which means that it doesn't ever dig in your wrist. Also the lack of adjustment makes the whole clasp thinner, almost as thin as the bracelet itself so on the outer side the clasp doesn't even protrude.

I think it's a perfect design and personally I value it over the option of adjustment. Especially as I like a loose fit by default so during summer the bracelet still fits well

And I love the complete Seamaster Professional branding 😀

Definitely a matter of personal opinion, but I’m another for the older style clasp, sans microasjust. Cleaner and thinner—and I had two of the microasjustable clasps fail on me, which soured me on them.

Each to his own. The old deployant mechanism is completely hidden in the clasp when closed, which means that it doesn't ever dig in your wrist. Also the lack of adjustment makes the whole clasp thinner, almost as thin as the bracelet itself so on the outer side the clasp doesn't even protrude.

I think it's a perfect design and personally I value it over the option of adjustment. Especially as I like a loose fit by default so during summer the bracelet still fits well

And I love the complete Seamaster Professional branding 😀
As you correctly say it’s a matter of opinion and wearing it slightly looser in the winter will mean it’s ok in summer too. I also agree on preferring the branding on the old clasp. The OP is attempting to find a better fit though and in answer to this,the micro adjustable clasp is,in my opinion, the better option.

I'll add my experience.

I added the 6 position micro adjustment clasp to my 1861 SPEEDmaster and really didn't like it. It was too sharp on the edges.IMO. A month later I saw Uncle Seiko had half links. I eventually tried the half link about 1 year after living with the adjustable clasp.

I much much prefer the half link than the adjustable clasp.

With that said, I have it as looser than I'd like in winter, which is tighter than I'd like in summer. Also, the AD said I was the first person he ever heard not liking the adjustable clasp.

So I can see both sides of the coin.

I'll add my experience.

I added the 6 position micro adjustment clasp to my 1861 SPEEDmaster and really didn't like it. It was too sharp on the edges.IMO. A month later I saw Uncle Seiko had half links. I eventually tried the half link about 1 year after living with the adjustable clasp.

I much much prefer the half link than the adjustable clasp.

With that said, I have it as looser than I'd like in winter, which is tighter than I'd like in summer. Also, the AD said I was the first person he ever heard not liking the adjustable clasp.

So I can see both sides of the coin.

It’s funny seeing people choose between the Uncle Seiko half link or the adjustable clasp to size their Speedmaster, as I have just ordered an Uncle Seiko half link for my Speedy’s adjustable clasp (Tokyo LE bracelet).

It’s a shame Omega never made a half link for the previous gen Speedy bracelets. I saw the pins in someone’s Uncle Seiko bracelet rust, and may see if my OEM pin and OEM screws will fit his half link (which is purportedly 316L steel, and shouldn’t rust). The idea of a poor quality aftermarket pin rusting and snapping is nightmarish… I’ll make sure to use loctite on whichever set of screws I go with.

I hate using non-OEM parts on my watch, but unfortunately, I’m solidly in between sizes. I’ll report back on how it goes.

It’s a shame Omega never made a half link for the previous gen Speedy bracelets.

It's a head-scratcher to me.

Every once in a while I think I'd like to meet "the guy at the company who decided...".

This is one of those times.