Forums Latest Members
  1. mackguy Sep 16, 2016

Just got my Speedmaster (3513.53) back from service, and thinking about swapping the bracelet for a NATO or perhaps rally strap. I kind of like NATO idea to be able to swap straps out to match what I'm wearing.

If I go the NATO route do I need to buy new pins, or can I re-use the ones already in it?

I know this is a stupid question, but just curious.

2. yinzerniner Sep 16, 2016

Not sure about the Speed Reduced, but the Speedy Pros use 19mm springbars for the bracelet and 20mm for straps. Also, with Natos they suggest using 20mm curved springbars.
    You can probably reuse the springbars but for peace of mind I'd grab another set of springbars just in case they're 18mm instead of 19mm to match the lug width. They're a negligible cost for some added security.

3. meganfox17 Sep 16, 2016

But i agree it's good to have a bag of spring bars[emoji1] in case one breaks or flies across the room & disappears...

Edited Sep 16, 2016
    Uniqez likes this.
  4. Uniqez Sep 16, 2016

As long as it's not going to get stuck in the eye while flying off the watch it would be an easy thing to do)

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

meganfox17 likes this.
  5. meganfox17 Sep 16, 2016

[emoji16] At the OB , I volunteered to change the micro adjustable rack & pusher clasp bracelet of my regular SM 300 M Co Ax to the JB Original Nato Strap when it arrived after 3 weeks ( Yes i know THAT strap is only reserved for the Spectre watch but somehow i got an extra from HQ in KL ) Anyway while trying to push the spring using the spring bar tool , the next thing i knew, it just flew so fast across the room & disappeared ....somewhere !
    And i smiled sheepishly at everyone who was staring right back at me & told them i'm done.....

ahartfie and Bushido like this.
  6. tpatta Happily spending my daughter’s inheritance Sep 16, 2016

The guy needs to learn about framing his shot. :D

Thebounder and meganfox17 like this.
  7. blufinz52 Hears dead people, not watch rotors. Sep 16, 2016

:thumbsup:

I just changed the bracelet on my Speedy to a calfskin rally strap. My one complaint about both the Speedy and Seamaster Pro that I have is the lack of micro adjustment on the bracelets.

8. VetPsychWars Wants to be in the club! Sep 16, 2016

The Seamaster Professional has half-links and the Speedmaster Professional has both half-links and an adjustment hole on the clasp.

So, not sure what the issue is?

Tom

9. blufinz52 Hears dead people, not watch rotors. Sep 16, 2016

I have removed links in both watches to get it as close as possible to where it feels comfortable. When the weather is warm, my wrist swells to the point that the watches are way too tight. And when it's cold out, the watches are flopping around on my wrist. The 2 Rolex I have can be adjusted on the fly to fit comfortably anytime.

I understand that omega has a clasp with micro adjustments, which I should look into. In the meantime, I'll keep both Omegas on a strap of one type or another. The calfskin strap arrived just today from Strapfortime and it's very comfortable.

10. yinzerniner Sep 16, 2016

That's not quite true - the new Speedy Pro bracelet with screws doesn't have half links.

Also, the bracelets on the previous generation POs had half links that were quite large, so getting an exact fit was a dicey proposition.

The Rolex glidelock and even the Tudor system were much preferrable to anything by Omega until they updated their clasps like on the new Mark II and SM300 MC. Thankfully the SM300 clasp is pretty easily moddable to work on Speedy Pro, PO and SMP Speedy-style bracelets.

11. VetPsychWars Wants to be in the club! Sep 16, 2016

Oh yes, the dreaded environmentals. I truly sympathize with you on that one. I set the bracelet to the max I'll need and during the day I'll lick my wrist or apply moisturizer to get the epidermis plumped up.

Tom

12. mackguy Sep 29, 2016

This is exactly the issue I have..

13. cottonlume Sep 29, 2016

same springbars, just make sure you get a good tool to take them out

14. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Sep 29, 2016

I always keep springbars in bracelets and use new ones for NATOs and straps.
    Having heaps of springbars over the years I tend to leave them in leather straps as well. Last thing you want is old springbars in a watch that have been changed heaps of times ;)
    Find this seems to keep each set of springbars less used than one set used often

( just a tip I picked up years ago )

15. mackguy Oct 2, 2016

Well I'm giving it a go. Cheapo Amazon leather NATO to give it a try.
    Will probably get a formfunctionform if I decide to stick with a strap.

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk