Bracelet set for my vintage Omega

Because my new job pays me a lot more than I ever made before, I decided to go shopping for some vintage watch bracelets. A style I like and isn't too terribly expensive to get (except from a certain eBay seller, ahem), I got some matching bracelets for two of my watches.

They appear below with a third that is at least Omega related.

IMG_0810 2.jpg

(Click for larger version)

These bracelets are vintage Forstner Komfit. You may have seen them before, they are made with a mesh strip that is then covered by small metal segments. I was able to source stainless in 11/16", yellow gold in 18mm, and I had already sourced the red gold in 18mm for the Lemania.

As with many things used, these things are filthy when they arrive, and in general well-used. I did some hand polishing with Simichrome on the gold and 3M Marine Cleaner and Polish on the stainless. Might have to get some rouge and a polisher, though. Or pay my watchmaker. 馃榾

In general, I'm pretty happy with these. Period-correct, colors match pretty well, easy to use, robust. I wish the picture were better but I'm not all that good at these small things!

Fantastic. I think many of us could upgrade our watches with carefully-chosen bracelets or straps. It makes such a difference!

Wow. Those look really great! I picked up two of the exact same model, NOS, not too long ago but haven't quite found the right watch to put them on yet.