Forums Latest Members
  1. Gasman Feb 27, 2018

I am going to buy Planet Ocean 215.32.44.21.01.001 the black one with touches of orange 43.5mm on the bezel and 6 9 12. He has 2 one on bracelet and one on black and orange rubber. I am not a bracelet person I prefer others like leather or rubber but I think a full kit should have the option of a bracelet. My other watches have their bracelets sat in the boxes and don't get used.
    Now you know my life story, the question is which one should I buy please don't just say buy the one you like cos' that would be the rubber but I feel I need to have the bracelet to complete the set.
    Thanks

2. AnotherDon Feb 27, 2018

Buy the watch on the bracelet. Then, buy the rubber strap and a clasp. Generally, straps and clasps are cheaper to buy than bracelets. That is to say that the additional cost of the watch on the bracelet is less than buying a bracelet by itself. Even though you don't intend to wear the watch on the bracelet, having the bracelet will come in handy when you decide to trade/sell the watch down the road.

Just my 2¢ YMMV

bovecHD likes this.
  3. alam Feb 27, 2018

Get the one that comes with the bracelet and find yourself a nice leather/rubber strap, perhaps a third party one - this will be the cost smart option if you decide later to switch to bracelet.

4. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Feb 27, 2018

Buying watch on rubber then the bracelet separately costs more then buying the watch on bracelet then the OEM strap. Or do what @alam said.

My PO is the only watch I wear on bracelet it’s nice to have the option of a watch on bracelet.

That being said the size of the PO’s lend themselves to bracelets better then other options.

5. Gasman Feb 27, 2018

Just noticed on other forums and you tube and all over the place you don't see many bracelets being worn anymore. Most watches seem to be worn on anything other than steel. I am wondering if this trend will continue because if it does the bracelet will go the way of the dodo.

6. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Feb 27, 2018

I disagree... don’t confuse new watches with collectors and vintage. In Vintage often the bracelets just no longer exist. Most nice watches I see in the wild are on bracelet. Collectors tend to like the hunt of the perfect strap.

Also demo watches loaned to influencers tend to be on strap so there is no issue with sizing.

7. Jking something intelligent and witty... Feb 27, 2018

Not that you need anymore feedback but I’d go with the bracelet. Especially if there might be a resell option later since most would prefer to buy with a bracelet already supplied and use whatever rubber/nato straps they like best.

8. Gasman Feb 27, 2018

Thanks for all the feedback I have gone with strength of opinion and greater knowledge than mine and ordered the one on the rrrub no the bracelet.
    Thanks

P.S. Anyone got a rubber strap for sale

Edited Feb 27, 2018