Forums Latest Members

bracelet options for 60's skin divers + chronographs/

1. pIoNeErOfThEnILe Sep 15, 2018

anyone know of the best fitting end pieces for these watches?

their almost straight, but they have a slight curve. don't want to go for a straight link exposing a gap

2. pIoNeErOfThEnILe Sep 15, 2018

pic for reference.

looks like this. very similar to the ball skindiver

[​IMG]

JohnSteed likes this.
  3. Dan S Sep 15, 2018

Every watch is different in this respect. The fit of end links is very sensitive to the exact shape of the case and lugs, and the position of the lug holes. There is no generic way to answer this question, and sometimes you have to do a bit of modification using a file.

If you are like me, you will start buying old bracelets, and eventually accumulate dozens of them. Most of them will not really be a good fit for any of your watches, but occasionally there will be a match.

If this strategy doesn't appeal to you, you may want to rethink your aversion to straight end-links.

4. pIoNeErOfThEnILe Sep 16, 2018

there has to be something close to fit these watches without heavily sanding/modifying the end pieces. i was looking at the seiko turtle bracelet, which looks like it might work, but it's 22mm.

it's pretty sad that it's a chore as it really should not be as difficult as it seems to locate something because there are many watches like this

5. omegastarter Sep 17, 2018

why dont you just post a picture of the actual watch or watches you want to equip with a strap?

Dan S and ConElPueblo like this.
  6. pIoNeErOfThEnILe Sep 19, 2018

okay,..

this case with 20mm lugs was pretty standard back in the day

[​IMG]

7. Renton Oct 2, 2018

you'll be hard pressed to find a curved end link for this i think. easier to just go with a straight end one.

Dan S, connieseamaster and Foo2rama like this.
  8. Acidstain Oct 13, 2018

It’s curved the opposite way. That limits your choices by a lot.

If you’re okay with filing, pick a 20mm bracelet with straight end pieces.

But check 1. there’s actually an end piece (some straight end bracelets Don’t. The spring bar is all the way to the end. You can’t file a curve on these types.

2. That the end piece is “long” enough to go in deep. Those lugs look a bit longer than usual.

9. omegastarter Oct 14, 2018

Interesting factoid: I´ve looked at hundreds of pictures of vintage skin-divers. The classic shape (Seiko 62mas-like) was used by really a lot of brands, I have yet to find a single example with a steel-strap with endlinks.