Forums Latest Members

Bracelet clasp wont stay closed (Seamaster Prof'l GMT 2538.20 (Grt White )

1. Mr Lunchbox Jul 12, 2019

I brought my Seamaster GMT into Omega for a full $550 service since the GMT skip hour function was no longer working. Watch came back after the requisite 12 weeks working fine- though the customer service aspect of the whole process was unacceptably awful.

Current issue is that the bracelet clasp will not stay shut now. Initially it was just the "extender" portion of the bracelet, but now both sides of the clasp open spontaneously while wearing the watch. Sorry for not using correct terminology here. I had no problems with the clasp before it went in for service, I think when they refinished the bracelet, they took off metal from clasp components. gggrrr, In there limited write up of the service performed, they spell out that they will no longer warranty the bracelet. Im about to go back to the Omega boutique that sent the watch in for me and see what they can do, Questions:

1) seems like this should be something that can be fixed. If so, whats the best avenue?
    2) What are the parts numbers for the clasp of bracelet (the one that is more "Speedmaster" style?)
    3) I have a tech guide for the appropriate calibre movement, Does one exist for the bracelet?

Thanks!

2. Meme-Dweller Jul 12, 2019

Sounds like a bad clasp spring. Easy fix, relatively speaking.