Forums Latest Members
  1. saf1040 Jul 6, 2014

2. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Jul 6, 2014

PM sent. The fact that I didn't give you a public answer should tell everyone else how I feel about it.
    gatorcpa

3. Lessismore Pro Constellation picker-outter! Jul 6, 2014

I don't think the hands are original and the case is super polished ( for my liking), not sure whats going on between the 11th and 12th marker.... should ask the experts here if that is not a redial..... and this is a cal 505 and I thought that ref 2846 should have a 500 or 501 cal, but I am not an expert so I could be wrong.

4. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Jul 6, 2014

Not a great buy honestly

5. saf1040 Jul 6, 2014

Cancelled the order

6. watchyouwant ΩF Clairvoyant Jul 6, 2014

cancelling was your best move........ ask here before you buy, if possible....... kind regards. achim

7. citizenrich Metal Mixer! Jul 7, 2014

why do so many buyers do their due diligence after the purchase rather than before?

i guess the head shrinks would say it has to do with confirmation bias?

8. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Jul 7, 2014

It sometimes makes it hard to give the right answer as you don't want to hurt someone's feelings after they've paid the money, its a lot easier to be honest about a watch beforehand.

9. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Jul 7, 2014

I hope you have an nice understanding seller who will accept your cancellation.

10. lenny Jul 7, 2014

When you are just starting out, it's best to avoid professional watch sellers on eBay (unless they have a strong reputation on the forums). In my experience, they're the most likely to cobble a watch together. Try to look for original owners/estate finds. They might be more beat up, but at least it will be an honest presentation, unlike this.

11. ulackfocus Jul 7, 2014

It ain't hard for me. :D When you have a resource like this, why Why WHY would you not use it before shelling out hundreds of dollars? I'll even answer that bluntly too - your lust for a gem is overpowering your common sense.

12. laikrodukas Jul 7, 2014

I do not really understand what is the problem here :)
    Original listing has all the photos.
    Description has almost all the info: movement info, ref numbers etc
    It is even written in description that dial is restored:
    [​IMG]

The only thing I do not see is that the hands are replaced.

So was this really a seller's problem?

I am not trying to say seller is a very honest one but on the other hand he is not responsible for buyers homework..

timeismoney likes this.
  13. Daytona12 Jul 7, 2014

14. LouS Mrs Nataf's Other Son Staff Member Jul 7, 2014

Wot, now I have to read the listing too!?!?::rant:

(good point)

JimInOz likes this.
  15. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Jul 7, 2014

Exactly my point about the seller being nice and understanding, and not being p!ssed off with buyers changing their mind (not just the OP).

I can understand why some sellers have the "No Returns" "All sales are Final" "You have entered into a binding contract" "photographs form a major part of the description" clauses in their descriptions.

16. z1109r Jul 9, 2014

There are several very good points here. As a total rookie I have to say that I have a very Very VERY high threshold on bidding for something on Ebay. But, you oder connesseurs should also bare in mind that we all have to start from somewhere. I have a certain watch in my mind but still way too little knowlegde to try Ebay because after reading thise forum there seemes to be far too many ways to loose my money. Finding parts for a Kawasaki ELR would not be a problem after 20 years of owning one but vintage watches is a world of its own. Hopefully I can find my Seamaster a bit sooner...

This is why I have a very high respect for you experts that want to share your knowledge for us mear peasants::book::