Bought my first Omega today

Hi all,

Im from Belgium and speak english very well, writing is a different story but i'll try my best 😀
Since the last deal on the gold Seamaster didn't go through, today something else crossed my path.
I have one free space in my watch storage box and wanted it to be a gold one, prefferably a brown leather strap.

First a little background on the watch.
So i was on with the quest to buy my first Omega, on a local online group i saw someone offering an gold Omega De VIlle 7910.11.01 from 2002.
The pictures looked awesome, i text the guy and it seems i know him, done some deals in the past with him.
He tells me he inherated the watch from an uncle he never even seen. He left every family memeber an item when he past.
The watch is complete with boxes and papers and thats what convinced me. Everything i collect i want as complete as can be.
He took the watch to a local authorized Omega dealer to look at the strap, that man told him it was the orignal strap and looked like it was never even worn. The servicebook is empty so he said never been warn or serviced.
The dial and case look like new ( to my untrained eye at least ) , i saw some minor scratches on the clasp and case back.
Hope you guys like it and hopefully i made a nice first Omega buy 😁

PS : For some reason the images turn sideways when uploaded here yet they are perfect on my laptop, apologies for that.

Wow, quite an introduction!

The good....beautiful package, gorgeous watch, you know the seller!
The bad..... serviced? Open caseback and verify numbers, movement and condition.....Give us a straight-on dial shot and inside caseback/movement shot.

We just want to confirm if it's collector level or gorgeous wear every day level.

Welcome, Marc.

I agree, top story. Would be great to see if it is of collector quality.
I love the wooden box too.

Nice De Ville Jubilee.
Watch appears to be stopped. Has the battery been removed or is it flat?
It's essential that the battery is removed from the watch if it's flat as it's very likely to leak and corrosive material can damage the inside.

Hi guys,
I dropped the watch off for a service to a local Omega dealer.
I asked them to open it up for me but it wasnt easy they said because its a monocoque design ? Anyway, i left it for service and asked to send me a picture once its open so here it is .
There was a battery placed 20yrs ago but as far as i can see no damage inside.

I asked them to open it up for me but it wasnt easy they said because its a monocoque design ?

The photo they sent you proves that is is not that design at all...

Your local dealer is using that word, but I do not think he knows what it means.

It was an old woman, dealer is a family business. And she indeed doesnt use the term correctly.
But overall i think the watch looks great. I see the date 1967 500. Does this mean the watch is made in 1967 but sold in 2002 ( like the paper says ) ?

It was an old woman, dealer is a family business. And she indeed doesnt use the term correctly.
But overall i think the watch looks great. I see the date 1967 500. Does this mean the watch is made in 1967 but sold in 2002 ( like the paper says ) ?

That's the case number, not the date.

The watch reference number is 79101101.

Cheers, Al

Ow ok. So the case number is the same as serial number ? From what i can find on the web is that 1967500 is one off the older ones.
Can i determine what year the watch is made by the serial number ?

Ow ok. So the case number is the same as serial number ?

No. If there was a serial number, it would have either been on the outside of the case back (possibly polished off at some point) or printed on the inside of the case back (possibly removed in cleaning at some point).

::facepalm1::

Well, silly me! I tried something, though! Nobody is perfect haha ! To be honest , I was pretty sure I was mistaken, Forgot the "?" ! 😀

Well, silly me! I tried something, though! Nobody is perfect haha ! To be honest , I was pretty sure I was mistaken, Forgot the "?" ! 😀

Omega would have been ahead of the curve with a quartz movement in 1962!

😀

Of course! I didn't look back at the additional pictures, having seen the previous picts...😟