Forums Latest Members
  1. SOS Nov 26, 2016

Hey guys, im a new 21 year old member here.

After months of deciding yesterday i finally decided to make the purchase.
    Came in the mail today to my surprise

I can't stop staring at it :D

Omega.png
  2. Larry S Color Commentator for the Hyperbole. Nov 26, 2016

21 eh? Stay away from "what are you wearing today" if you don't want to impoverish yourself. Congrats!

ewand, ahartfie, aap and 5 others like this.
  3. Kofosu Nov 26, 2016

Congratulations! That's a beauty. 22 years ago when I was about your age, I wanted the exact same watch. You will enjoy it at least as much 22 years from now. I couldn't afford it then. Every few years, if you wish, add to your collection.

Keep this one. Pass it on to your 21 year old, if you're lucky enough to have one. Consider yourself very fortunate, work hard and never take such blessings for granted.

Syrte, Spike, Nitzbar and 7 others like this.
  4. padders Oooo subtitles! Nov 26, 2016

Bond SMPs are iconic. That and the Speedmaster are the watches which define Omega and every collector should have at least one of each. I actually prefer the sword hands model as I think the Bond look has dated a little but it is still a wonderful thing to own.

dalethorn and SOS like this.
  5. TheCaptainOfTech Nov 26, 2016

Congratulations that is a excellent watch. It was also my first "real" wristwatch. Very versatile and reliable an excellent choice :)

6. Riviera Paradise Nov 26, 2016

Great choice and thrilling to see someone of your age purchasing a mechanical watch! Welcome to the forum!

I assume you are a lefty, as you are wearing the SMP on your right wrist? Fellow lefty here...I actually think the crown looks nicer pointing towards the arm:)

dalethorn likes this.
  7. meganfox17 Nov 26, 2016

[​IMG]

8. deryk527 Nov 26, 2016

Congratulations! I started with a SMP when I was 22. You have a great start to an amazing collection (these watches are dangerously addictive).

It's ok to keep staring at it all the time I've wasted countless hours watching my watch tick away.

Kofosu, Jwit and SOS like this.
  9. zrleopold Nov 26, 2016

Hello form a fellow 21 year old OF member

10. JohnGreen300 Nov 26, 2016

Well done ! When I was 21 I decided that would be my first Swiss watch and started saving ... life got in the way and it did not happen. 6years later I got my first (speedy racing), that I do love but the seamaster kept calling out and I finally got it ! Nice choice !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. omegasaso12 Nov 26, 2016

Great watch. I hope it will serve you good.

Now pull crown out and advance time for 12 hours. it will change date at midnight and not at 12.00.

Looking forward to see your next piece. you have good taste.

Civilguy007 and VillageIdiot like this.
  12. MPWATCH Watch Lover Nov 26, 2016

Congrats! Sounds like you're happy with the purchase. Keep your eye open for auction houses offering wrist watches, might be able to get a deal. Lots to learn here as well!

Best,

Thomas

13. al128 unsolicited co-moderation giverer Nov 26, 2016

what, you got a new jacket? kudos - looks really classy

:D

enjoy the watch, you have taste ...

14. Mouse_at_Large still immune to Speedmaster attraction Nov 26, 2016

Congratulations on your purchase. Contrary to some opinions, Speedmasters are not necessarily the acme of Omega's output :p

15. Larry S Color Commentator for the Hyperbole. Nov 26, 2016

Me thinks @meganfox17 is reminding you of what you should be staring at! ::stirthepot::

demollo and Syrte like this.
  16. _Omega_ Nov 26, 2016

Congrats - she's a beauty. No doubt will be. It the first of many. Enjoy!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17. meganfox17 Nov 26, 2016

I dont even think @SOS has grown a moustache or a beard yet or started shaving but Goodness Gracious me , the boy would make a fine Watch Connoisseur one day.

Or ...we have just witnessed "The New John Mayer " in the making ???
    He has shown a level of maturity beyond his age . Instead of chasing skirts or showing Wet & Wild Party photos , he has chosen the OF platform to showcase his wrist Candy. I bet the boy doesnt even mention it's the James Bond watch but uses the proper reference when initially describing it to his friends.
    Of course I would reserve my judgement for now but hope he stays grounded. And please Study Hard & make your parents proud !!!

At his tender age, all I had was a G Shock , an Orient & a Swatch [emoji58]

18. SmokyT Nov 26, 2016

Congrats on your acquisition.
    That SMP blue dial is an iconic watch. It was also my first Omega watch, and I love it as much as the day I bought it. You will love the wave pattern dial and the Bond bracelet for many years to come.

19. Moppel Nov 27, 2016

Very cool watch. Congrats.
    My first luxury watch was also the blue Bond. However, it was a quarz and I was a bit older when the watch virus got me, 36 to be exact.
    I am still wearing it and it will never be sold.
    Cheers
    Thomas

20. Uniqez Nov 27, 2016

There is nothing wrong with Orient @meganfox17.)

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Foo2rama and Mouse_at_Large like this.