Forums Latest Members

Bought another grail. No watches for a month or so.

1. jimdgreat1 Jul 2, 2013

Any one know what a Remington hepburn would be? I'm weak. Great price at auction. Wrecked my budget for a couple weeks.
    No pic probably not appropriate.

2. CanberraOmega Rabbitohs and Whisky Supporter Jul 2, 2013

just googled it
    as an aussie, i have fairly strong views on gun laws/controls, but I know we have lots of vintage gun enthusiasts here, so I'm sure pics would be very welcome.

3. ulackfocus Jul 2, 2013

I know Remington Steele and Audrey Hepburn. Are you saying they had an illegitimate child?

4. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Jul 2, 2013

Remington Steele wasn't real you dill, he was a TV character.

Maybe Audrey didn't know that either when she named the father of the unexpected bun in the oven.

5. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Jul 2, 2013

I forgot to put a winky in there, here you go

;);) ;)

6. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Jul 2, 2013

Back on topic.

I'd love to see some pics. Just make sure you include some horological context :)

I grew up with guns as a kid in country Aussie. It seemed everybody's Dad back then had a Lee Enfield .303 they "brought back from the war".

As an adult I owned a variety of rifles and guns, all kept on the wall in my study in a house with two young kids, (ammo was in a lock box).

Never had any problems with them, but certain events triggered the pollies into action and over the years some very draconian laws on gun ownership came into being so now, as a law abiding Australian, I don't have any firearms.

Unfortunately, not all of our population are as law abiding as I am.

7. CanberraOmega Rabbitohs and Whisky Supporter Jul 3, 2013

8. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Jul 3, 2013

Yes, I understand the figures, and the argument could go on for ages but we've hijacked this thread enough.

Let's get BOT.

9. CanberraOmega Rabbitohs and Whisky Supporter Jul 3, 2013

:thumbsup: I am intersted in photos & understanding why this is a grail for Jim.

10. CanberraOmega Rabbitohs and Whisky Supporter Jul 3, 2013

11. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Jul 3, 2013

Please note we don't discuss the political aspect of guns here per rules.

12. jimdgreat1 Jul 3, 2013

I'll get pictures later. Don't have any next to a watch. The reason this was a grail is I have most of the other makes of single shot rifles for the time period. Late 1800s. They made a small amount of these making them hard to find and expensive.

13. Trev The Architect Staff Member Jul 3, 2013

Yep. I know it's very easy to stray in to the political side of things, but we really don't want to create divisions among our fine members here. There's plenty of other communities (online and off) better suited to handle such subjects. Although we like to run ΩF with a very hands-off approach, political threads rarely end up having positive outcomes.

Any other firearms-related subjects are of course open for discussion, just like anything else :)

14. styggpyggeno1 ΩF Enforcer ....and thread killer Jul 3, 2013

All other things aside - can we agree on Remington Hepburn not being a vintage omega watch topic? There is an open discussion area where it fits perfectly.
    regards
    J"not a moderator - just a control freak"E

15. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Jul 3, 2013

done

Trev likes this.