Forums Latest Members

SOLD Bottom Price!!! Zenith El Primero Chronomaster Open XXT 18k rose gold

1. WatchWalker Sep 4, 2018

Putting up for sale is my Zenith El Primero Chronomaster Open XXT in 18k rose gold.

The story
    This watch coincidently came to my attention late 2017 while I was on the hunt for another piece. It was for sale at a former Zenith AD. The shop still exists but they ended their cooperation with Zenith over 10 years ago when the retail prices reached new heights. When the cooperation ended the shop was still full of Zenith watches. This piece was the very last one which was kept in the dealers' safe with the intention to keep it as part of his personal collection. Until I became aware of it and finally picked it up in April of this year. Still in 100% NOS condition.
    In the box included was a temporary warranty card which I sent to Zenith and in return I received a new official warranty card few weeks later. There was no letter joining the warranty card but they shipped it to me via registered mail indicating there's now a two year factory warranty on the watch, starting only in April 2017.
    The reason why I bought this watch is because I was immediately hypnotised by the finish and appearance of it. Whether you look at it from the front, the side or the (see through) case back, you will instantly forget where you are or what day of the week, or year, it is. If your wife (or anyone else) is giving you a hard time, turn away and stare at your watch. Problem solved.

The reasons for selling
    - because I am limiting my collection to 4 brands and Zenith is not one of them
    - because the funds are welcome to finance new arrivals (3 orders to be expected soon)
    - because my job does not allow me to wear yellow or rose gold. Hence this watch has been worn by me 2 times only, only in the weekend.
    - because I don't have a wife giving me a hard time

The technical details
    Reference: 18.0240.4021/01.C495
    Material: rose gold case and clasp
    Strap: Zenith genuine black alligator
    Case diameter: 40mm (much much much better looking than the current 45mm model)
    Lugs: 20mm
    Dial: silver with "open heart"
    Case back: transparent showing the famous automatic El Primero movement
    Complications: chronograph
    Year: 2005
    Weight: 136gr
    Original Box: included
    Warranty card: included
    Hangtag: included
    Manual: included
    Stickers: included
    Everlasting joy: included

Condition
    NOS, the watch has been worn by me 2 times which is not visible. Please study the attached pictures. Any "scratch" you think to see is not there. Some dust particles are visible on the pics but the watch is really in new condition. It was obviously never serviced and when I wore it I could not notice any time deviation.

Price
    Here comes the best part. The retail price back in 2005 was €17K as still can be seen on the original hangtag that is included. Today this illuster El Primero priced to move at €7000. Including free shipment and insurance within EU. The watch is located in the Netherlands. Insured and registered shipping to US or certain countries in ASIA via FedEx is discussable. Additional costs and import duties are for the buyer.
    Payment via bank wire or Paypal (+3% fee).
    As I am not a merchant, no trades nor returns (unless misrepresented here which is obviously not the case).

I have only one available, Opportunities like this don't come by every day, week, month or year. First come first serve.

Apology for the poor picture quality. I am slightly embarrassed when I see the quality of some presentations here on the sales forum but I did my best. There's two series of pictures. One is take by iPhone back in April, the other series is taken by Canon DSLR last week which explains the color differences.
    Ask me for more info or more pictures and I'll get them to you. I am always on the move for my job, hence my OF handle, but I do respond very fast by email. Shipping the watch can take up to one week.

Congratulations to the future happy owner!

IMG_8291.jpg IMG_8290.jpg IMG_8293.jpg IMG_8289.jpg IMG_8149.jpg IMG_8292.jpg IMG_8284.jpg IMG_8283.jpg IMG_8287.jpg IMG_8156.jpg IMG_8295.jpg IMG_8142.jpg IMG_8143.jpg IMG_8140.jpg

Edited Sep 15, 2018
  2. khanmu Sep 5, 2018

What a thing of beauty! GLWS!

89-0 likes this.
  3. WatchWalker Sep 5, 2018

It certainly is. Thanks! Let's see who picks it up. That Hodinkee Speedy was sold out anyway in minutes....

4. WatchWalker Sep 6, 2018

Up we go1

5. WatchWalker Sep 7, 2018

And the obligatory price reduction... It was already priced to move. Let's try harder. €8400 now!

6. WatchWalker Sep 10, 2018

Guys, I really want this to move. I have a reasonable price offer from a merchant but I think it would be a pity to let this one go and have someone else make several thousand $/€ on it. I'd rather see this stay within the watch loving community. Therefore now reduced to €8000. There's not a second one available like this at such a bargain price. Reach out to me with any question you may have.

7. WatchWalker Sep 12, 2018

How low do I have to go? Moving down to €7800. Who grabs it?

8. WatchWalker Sep 15, 2018

And here's the final bump. Price reduced to €7000. For a brand new 18K El Primero. Better act fast otherwise it's off to the trade.

9. WatchWalker Sep 22, 2018

Sold at €6450. And I am not proud of this.

10. airansun In the shuffling madness Sep 22, 2018

Sold is better than not sold and you took care of business.

I understand the feeling and have been there myself, but there’s no objective reason to be not proud, I think.

And thank you for posting what the watch actually sold for. I wish more sellers did this!

Btw, as a Zenith fanboy, it’s a beautiful watch! Congrats to buyer and seller!

George.A and 89-0 like this.
  11. WatchWalker Sep 22, 2018

Thank you for your comments. I have already collected so much knowledge on this forum that the least I can do in sharing back some info. Out of respect to other users. Even if it doesn't stand for one of my greatest moments.

George.A likes this.