Forums Latest Members

Boston/New England GTG at the Omega Boutique in Natick, Massachusetts

1. ryanpatrick May 11, 2014

Hello all!

This is cross-posted on Watchuseek Omega Forum and here for maximum exposure!

I am attempting to plan a GTG for members from the New England area. I spoke with management from the Omega boutique at the Natick Mall this evening and they have agreed to host us. They are working on locking down a speaker, will have some special displays for us to view and will provide hors d'oeuvres and champaign. Attendees are encouraged to bring pieces from their collections that they would like to show off.

The plan is to hold the event one Saturday in June. Please vote in the poll (you can select more than one date) so I can get a sense of what date will work the best for the most people. After we determine a date I'll open an RSVP list. The guest list will be capped at 20, I'm confident we can hit that number.

Also, I'd just like to send a big "thank you" to forum member Shem for all of his assistance. Without his help and facilitating a call to the boutique from his contacts I wouldn't have known where to begin.

Saturday, June 7th

Saturday, June 14th

Saturday, June 21st

Saturday, June 28th

You can select more than one date, just let me know which date(s) work best for you.

2. ryanpatrick May 12, 2014

bump

3. ryanpatrick May 14, 2014

bump

4. ryanpatrick May 16, 2014

No one is interested?

5. Mothra May 16, 2014

I'd love to join you, but its a 3,500 mile trip each way!

CanberraOmega likes this.
  6. MMMD unaffiliated curmudgeonly absurdist & polyologist May 17, 2014

Ah the Natick Mall, site of America's best-named street: Flutie Pass. Alas, though Red Sox Nation knows no geographic bounds, I am also too far away to make it to this GTG. Raise a cup of chowdah for me at the Legal Seafood across the street and Go Sox.

7. Ferik May 17, 2014

I'll make it but where is the poll?

ryanpatrick likes this.
  8. ryanpatrick May 20, 2014

Hey Ferik, the poll is actually posted on another forum (I don't believe you can create a poll on the Omega Forum). If you leave your preferred date in the comment section I will keep track of it.

9. Ferik May 21, 2014

Either dates would work as long as it's locked in a few weeks in advance.

10. ryanpatrick May 22, 2014

We're going to go with Saturday, June 28th for the event. I'm waiting to receive confirmation from the boutique, but tentatively it will be from 7pm-9pm. I have 7 confirmed attendees and will be capping the attendance at 20 due to space limitations. If you're interested in attending just post here or send me a PM.

Ferik likes this.
  11. Ferik May 23, 2014

Works for me.

12. ryanpatrick May 24, 2014

So one of the attendees floated the idea of meeting up an hour or two before hand for dinner/drinks. To anyone planning to attend, would that be of interest to you?

13. Ferik May 24, 2014

I can do drinks an hour before

14. ryanpatrick Jun 1, 2014

Per the Omega boutique, we need to move the event to earlier in the day. 4pm-6pm. Hope that still works for those of you that PM'd me expressing interest in attending.

15. Ferik Jun 1, 2014

Yup

16. ryanpatrick Jun 4, 2014

Anyone else? We still have a few spots open.

17. ryanpatrick Jun 11, 2014

Still a few spots left.

18. Ferik Jun 11, 2014

Are we doing drinks after as a result?

19. ryanpatrick Jun 14, 2014

Hey Ferik, trying to figure that out. Thinking we could do lunch/drinks before hand or dinner/drinks afterwards. What are your thoughts?

20. ryanpatrick Jun 17, 2014

Hey All, here is an itinerary for the GTG along with some other info. Please send me a PM if you're interested in attending. We still have a few spots open.

Schedule:
    2pm-4pm: Group get together at Met Bar & Grill in the Natick Mall. Obviously this is optional, but if you want to get together early, have a drink, maybe grab some food and just talk watches with some great people come out early. You are encouraged to bring your collections to show off and share with other WUS members if you would like. Let me know if you are likely to attend this portion so I can make arrangements with Met Bar.

4pm-6pm: Event at the Omega boutique in the Natick Mall. Larry McGlynn, a SMP/NASA historian/collector will be on hand showing off some of his pieces. Two of Omega's technicians will be on hand to talk technical stuff if you would like and obviously they have a ton of great pieces on display. I also learned recently, if there is something you're interested in seeing and it's not on the floor just ask, you'd be amazed at what they keep in back. Also, it isn't confirmed yet but there is the possibility of some giveaways at the event.

6pm-on: We could grab drinks after the event for anyone who is interested. Barmakian (Omega, Tag and B&M AD) and Longs (Rolex AD) are both within a half mile so a group could visit those stores, time permitting (I'm not sure of their hours).

What I need from you:

1. If you have any allergies please let me know. Omega will be providing finger foods.

2. I need to know what you like to drink. Champagne and sparkling water will be there, but they can do craft beer, scotch, coffee, soda, etc. I just need to let them know what people like. Most votes is what I'll go with, choose one alcoholic and one nonalcoholic.

Final note(s):
    You're encouraged to bring your collections, especially interesting Omega pieces. Obviously not required, but it's always cool to see what other WUS members are packing!

Omega has said if the event goes well they would like to make this a quarterly or bi-annual thing.

I'm looking forward to meeting everyone. Let me know if you have any questions!