Forums Latest Members
  1. Andreas Oct 16, 2016

I have watched this short film animation (made by two pixar animators) and wanted to share.
    If you like animations, westerns and pocket watches it really worth the 7 minutes.

From the description :
    A weathered Sheriff returns to the remains of an accident he has spent a lifetime trying to forget. With each step forward, the memories come flooding back. Faced with his mistake once again, he must find the strength to carry on.

"Borrowed Time" is an animated short film, directed by Andrew Coats & Lou Hamou-Lhadj, and produced by Amanda Deering Jones. Music by Academy Award winner Gustavo Santaolalla.

2. Pvt-Public Oct 16, 2016

The watch crown should not be at the six oclock position. ::stirthepot:::whistling:

3. Andreas Oct 17, 2016

i am more concern about it ticking like a quartz :p

4. ulackfocus Oct 17, 2016

So how did he become the Sheriff after that accident? Must not have told anyone.

5. kerrr.splat Oct 17, 2016

dead seconds! ;)

6. Andreas Oct 17, 2016

ohh i though the sheriff job was the same as the kings and politicians, when the father dies the son takes the job :whistling:

7. abrod520 Oct 17, 2016

Interesting that they pay close enough attention to detail to include a watchmaker's four, but to put the crown at 6 and to have it tick like a quartz (whether or not an Old West sheriff would have a dead-seconds pocketwatch I am not sure). If this had Pixar's full weight behind it I doubt they'd have done that!

8. CajunTiger Cajuns and Gators can't read newspapers! Oct 17, 2016

wow, tough crowd. I thought it was great!

9. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Oct 17, 2016

Artistic license. Would not have worked as well in screen with a sweep.

My bet was it sweeped in the test footage but the restart of the watch would not have been noticeable. For story sake it ticks.