Forums Latest Members
  1. dan7800 Dec 2, 2017

+1.

Pics are needed

2. padders Oooo subtitles! Dec 2, 2017

List it on here, you are entitled to and it will achieve a strong price as there are many motivated collectors here. That said, this is a pretty discerning place so you may need to be prepared that any flaws or anything misdescribed may be challenged. The best policy is complete honesty, lots of details and plenty of pictures so the buyer can have confidence.

3. alam Dec 2, 2017

@Dgercp , you are right regarding the title of your posting. No pictures = very, very boring :D It's time to unbored it! :coffee:

Dgercp, Vitezi, oddboy and 3 others like this.
  4. Vitezi Dec 2, 2017

A thread without pictures = ::yawn::

5. dan7800 Dec 2, 2017

Think about how legendary you'd be on the forum if you gave the watch away gratis to a deserving member. I'll do you a HUGE favor and give you that opportunity ;)

Dgercp likes this.
  6. Dgercp Dec 2, 2017

Well my pics were deleted so I guess I did something wrong. Anyhow, thanks for everyone's imput and
    I think I will list it properly somewhere??

7. sjg22 Dec 2, 2017

The other benefit of OF is that this is a well known forum and therefore listings get picked up by watch sale aggregators like Watch Recon, so your sales thread will be viewed more widely than just by those that come to this corner of the internet.

I’ve bought things from members of Timezone and Chronocentric despite essentially never
    going on those sites because I saw watches on watchrecon that happened to be listed in those places.

I’d list everywhere you can tbh - the more eyes, the more potential buyers...

sxl2004 likes this.
  8. alam Dec 2, 2017

perhaps it was flagged/viewed as a way to get around the FS rules? If your intentions is to sell it, then posting in the FS section with an asking price is the right/allowed way... again, my own perception was of a watch being dangle here to grab attention and wait for the higher bidder by PM.. ::confused2::

::popcorn::

thatonewatchdude likes this.
  9. eugeneandresson 'I used a hammer, a chisel, and my fingers' Dec 2, 2017

I think this is why too.

Here : https://omegaforums.net/forums/private-watch-sales/

10. Dgercp Dec 2, 2017

But you were one who encouraged me to post pics? :) :). My OP specifically stated I did not want to post pics. Damned if I do, damned if ........... No matter, still love this forum.

Atin, McKinley and jumpingsecond like this.
  11. padders Oooo subtitles! Dec 2, 2017

Stop being so precious about it. List it correctly in the right place and follow the forum rules and good times will follow. Otherwise don’t be surprised if things get deleted and people give you static.

efauser likes this.
  12. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Dec 2, 2017

Why won't you post it in the Private Sales board? This has me thoroughly confused. You have 600+ posts; you have been around here long enough to know where to sell it. I think @alam is on to something.

13. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Dec 2, 2017

If I had a 2998-4... forum offer while talking to auction houses.

14. alam Dec 2, 2017

you've been around for awhile... ;)

15. Dgercp Dec 2, 2017

I can understand the cynics suspicions, but in this case you are just plain wrong.
    As I stated in my OP, I am THINKING of selling. I only added pics after many regulars here requested them.
    It was a mistake to do and I am fine that they were deleted. I don't think I have ever tried to sell
    a watch this expensive and only wanted to get some opinions. If you read some of my posts I think
    you will see I am a reasonably decent guy.

At least the post now isn't so boring :)
    And yea, you can throw some more heat at me, I can take it.

16. oddboy Zero to Grail+2998 In Six Months Dec 2, 2017

It was all my fault. I'm sorry @Dgercp
    :oops:

...PM some pics! :whistling:

Dgercp and alam like this.
  17. alam Dec 2, 2017

nah...is all part of the OF family fun!

is much better like this :p ... but seriously, show us that super cool looking Speedy in other threads! :thumbsup:

oddboy and Dgercp like this.
  18. alam Dec 2, 2017

hey! stop promoting bad behavior! :cool:

Dgercp likes this.
  19. Dgercp Dec 2, 2017

I would Pm some but I’m afraid to :)

oddboy likes this.