Forums Latest Members
  1. khoalety Jan 28, 2013

Hi Everyone! I'm brand new to this forum since yesterday. Love to read and ask questions with people who love Omega watches just like myself. I'm interested in getting a Seamaster watch. I found a local jewelery store who carries Omega line for only 2 months so they have quite a selection. Indeed they have both Bond watches, limited edition Skyfall PO watch and the blue Terra watch. My son (10) wants me to get the LE PO because it will be his someday. ::love:: My sister said I have a small wrist 38.5mm watch is more suitable then the 42mm (actually this LE PO isn't as big as I expected and the 38.5 doesn't look that much smaller... strange!). :( I'm leaning toward the LE PO only because it is a limited edition. Once it is gone, it is gone! If I have money in the future I still can get the Terra blue watch (wishful thinking... I probably won't have a budget for it in the near or far future). :whistling:

Could you care to give me an opinion (or two)? ;) Thank you.

2. Spy You know my name. Jan 28, 2013

I would opt for the PO simply because I prefer diver's watches. Another thing to remember is just because it is a LE does not mean it will not obtainable in the future. Many of the previous LE Bond watches can be found on eBay or watch forum sales forums.

khoalety likes this.
  3. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Jan 28, 2013

Simple , buy the watch that fits you best and looks the best on your wrist in your eye. Don't worry about limited edition or not

khoalety likes this.
  4. khoalety Jan 28, 2013

Thank you for the opinions about limited edition watches. That made sense! What to do! What to do!!!

I can stand in front of this window forever. :)
    [​IMG]

5. Spy You know my name. Jan 28, 2013

Unfortunately, windows close when time runs out. ;)

khoalety likes this.
  6. ulackfocus Jan 28, 2013

The "limited edition" is a marketing ploy in this instance. A true LE is 100 pieces or less. I've seen plenty of brands, not just Omega, play the LE card while making thousands of the supposed "limited" model. Public Enemy said it best - don't believe the hype.

khoalety likes this.
  7. khoalety Jan 28, 2013

Omega.jpg

This was picture I couldn't post earlier. I just dawned on me that the Upload File button was the one. I will come in the store tonight and get the Skyfall PO watch. It is big and heavy, but I want it. :cool:

8. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Jan 28, 2013

Of the two I actually like the Aqua Terra more, the reason being if you take the 007 connection out of the equation, the Skyfall looks a bit out of place, while the Aqua Terra is a simply beautiful watch on its own.

9. khoalety Feb 22, 2013

Sorry for the delay! I wanted to take better pictures before I post but 20 pictures I took later, they didn't look any better. :( I didn't do it on purpose but I noticed the hour/minute hands were almost on top of the 007 (35th minute). :cool: Either I wanted to cover the 007 marker or everything is 007 considered. ;) I love these icons just as much as the watch itself. Just kidding... I love this watch. ::love:: Thank you for your suggestions.

Spy! See... I got in before the window closed. :p

BondThis.jpg

cicindela and Wetworks like this.
  10. MyVintageOmega Feb 22, 2013

Congrats.....

11. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Feb 22, 2013

What, no back shot!!??

12. andnowwhat Feb 22, 2013

Very nice indeed!

13. khoalety Feb 22, 2013

I borrowed my son's camera to take this picture. I hope you like. :rolleyes: My cheap camera phone is no iPhone quality for sure (the picture above). :thumbsdown:

I opened the box to take this picture and it brought me to these questions about the link screws. I opened the zip-lock bag that contains extra links. There are 3 links together (with screws in both side), 1 link by itself (with no screw on both side) and 3 screws by themselves. I assume the 2 screws for this separated link and the odd screw??? Is it an extra screw or I miss a screw? I don't know where I need this extra screw, but why would the salesperson add this extra screw in for?

By the way, this salesperson explained about how clever Omega came up with a 1/2 link and that was why my watch fitted me much better than if the full link was used. So the 1/2 link was part of the bracelet or an extra link Omega provided in the box?

Thank you for your answer!

BondBack1.jpg

14. mjb Feb 26, 2013

Gorgeous watch, congrats! I'm assuming that the store fitted the watch for you? Very likely the watch came with all the links installed and they removed what was necessary.

15. khoalety Feb 26, 2013

The store fitted the watch for me. The watch seems on my wrist all right but I'm not sure if I'm missing a screw or have one extra (odd number of screws, 3). I'm not even sure if I miss a rod that goes between the link!!! Maybe I need to do research and find out how many links are on a full bracelet. Thank you for your comment!