Forums Latest Members

Bond Street jewellers offer less than RRP

1. Hussein01 Jun 3, 2016

Hi all

I hope you are well!

I am planning on buying an Omega Seamaster Diver 300m this weekend. I have found a jeweller in Bond Street, London called Second Time Round.

They apparently have in stock brand new models for £2,250. Bear in mind that the RRP is £2,770 for this watch.

I called the guy and he made it clear that these watches have never been owned! I thought maybe unworn but pre owned. Apparently not.

I questioned the guy and he said that he buys like 20 Omega watches and gets a discount that he passes onto his customers.

I am slightly sceptical. After much research I have decided that the shop is a reputable one despite the apparent arrogant staff according to the reviews. But I still have a niggling doubt.

Can anyone put my mind to rest? Is this normal???

I found another jeweller who offered the same price but they were outside London. I asked them and thy said that the watches were bought outside the UK and with the exchange rate they were able to offer this price.

Everyone's experience and comments would be appreciated.

Best regards

Hussein

Here is the link. But it only works k the iPhones and not on your computer for some reason!

http://secondtimeround.com/Omega-Seamaster-Black-Brand New.html

2. tyrantlizardrex Jun 3, 2016

It says pre-owned in the description...

3. Hussein01 Jun 3, 2016

It does at the top. But below it says brand new. And I spoke to the guy on the phone and he said brand new and never owned before. And even went through the time to tell me that he buys a lot and gets a lower price that he passes on...

4. Hussein01 Jun 3, 2016

He actually said he buys like 20 and gets a discount

5. tyrantlizardrex Jun 3, 2016

Sounds like utter bullshit.

Bond Street rents and rates are huge... I can't see a legitimate way for him to sell new watches at 20% discount from Bond Street...

Tread carefully.

6. Hussein01 Jun 3, 2016

That's what I thought. But he has been there for so many years and there's loads of reviews on him online. 99% of which don't dispute his legitimacy. Although they do say he is an arrogant so and so.

I am trying to get beaver brooks to price match. If they don't I may try and get them to price match Heathrow duty free! I read a post from a lady who was buying her husband a watch and just simply said to them that they want to buy from them but otherwise if they couldn't match then would go duty free.

Thanks for the reply.

7. Hussein01 Jun 3, 2016

Oh, and they price matched duty free for her apparently in her case

8. tyrantlizardrex Jun 3, 2016

Check out iconicwatches, a few members have bought from them and been happy.

artschool likes this.
  9. gop76 Jun 3, 2016

20% and brand new seems the well known VAT/duty free scheme...

10. Mr Bing Jun 3, 2016

Or watchobsession. I've used them a couple of times....great prices, customer service - can't fault them at all.

11. Hussein01 Jun 3, 2016

Bing and tyrant I'll google them now. Are they in the uk? And do they have shops to visit?

Gop76 I was thinking that. Maybe they're just not declaring it. Is that common? Could it be that do you think?

Thanks guys

12. tyrantlizardrex Jun 3, 2016

Iconic is in the midlands I think? Proper brick and mortar jewellers. They hold some stock, but can source other stuff.

13. Hussein01 Jun 3, 2016

Just checked them out. Their smcp is for £2180. But says it's only when I pay by debit card. Normally I'd think that must be because I have more power when using a credit card in terms of getting my money back.

But you're saying they're 100% legit right?

14. Hussein01 Jun 3, 2016

Does anyone know any similar places like watch obsession and iconic watches in London?

15. DJM74 Jun 4, 2016

Have you tried watchfinder ?
    image.png

16. citizenrich Metal Mixer! Jun 4, 2016

Buy a used watch.

The second you put it in your wrist it's used anyway.

You want a new watch @ a used price lol. Have you reached out to Kringkily?

I live in NYC but I'm familiar w/ this seller. They've been around for a long time.

They're probably buying watches duty free and they're able to get them to the store without causing too much trouble or they still wouldn't be in business.

17. OmegaSean Jun 4, 2016

London is the most expensive place to buy a watch I live and work there!!! Watchfinder are expensive but you can haggle, I went to a jewlers in Leicester Tarratts they are a Omega authorised dealer and watches are brand new registered on the day you buy it. I managed a 17% discount on my PO titanuim.
    Regards OmegaSean

mjomega likes this.
  18. Thegreatroberto Jun 4, 2016

These guys are not really in Bond Street. They are in a market between Bond street and Oxford street. Just by the entrance to the tube line. I was in there yesterday looking at their pre owned stock. Nothing special, even the pre owned Rolex Gmts looked a bit tired. Personally I'd avoid.
    Yes, watch finder are a bit more fancy, but they need watching too. And their prices are way overpriced, but they do haggle.

19. Cosd Jun 4, 2016

If you know what you want and have tried it, why don't you just order it on the net?
    Iconic for example comes up again a and again as being a reputable dealer.
    Otherwise pay your money and buy from London.

20. gop76 Jun 4, 2016

No, they're declaring it otherwise they will be in trouble in short time.

The scheme i was talking about has to do with the duty free legislation, the second hand goods vat regime and the functioning of some airports across EU. The scheme works in a simple way but, to me as not english speaker, is hard to explain. And, anyway, i wouldn't do it in a public forum