Forums Latest Members

Bond 007 50th Anniversary sometimes stops working

1. pquiddy Oct 14, 2015

My watch likes to stop working. Occasionally the watch will stop working; sometimes on my arm, sometimes in the morning it is not running. I wind it daily. I am concerned I've knocked something out of place. If I wind it from stopped it doesn't immediately start working, sometimes I have to tap the upper left lug to get it going. I'm wondering if the rotary bullet in the rear has anything to do with it.. Any thoughts as to how to get it started without tapping it I feel bad tapping the watch to jumpstart it? Does the 2507 mechanism have any known issues. I've had it for two years and have not serviced the watch, this seems to have started in February of 2015. I am the first owner of the piece.

Ome.JPG
  2. repoman Oct 14, 2015

It needs to be inspected by a qualified watchmaker, and serviced. Is it still under warranty?

3. pquiddy Oct 14, 2015

I believe it is for a bit longer

4. Canuck Oct 14, 2015

I think I recall reading somewhere that co-axial so are covered for five years? If it were mine, I'd be on my way to the AD before the ink dries on this email! ;) Ummmmmm! You did buy this from an AD didn't you? Be certain to have your warranty with you.

5. pquiddy Oct 14, 2015

Yes, Chicago Omega Store. Thank you

6. fskywalker Oct 14, 2015

I think they carry 4 years of warranty. Take it to the Omega store as that is not normal, they will check it for you under warranty. You will be without it for a few weeks probably, but will come back looking like new and ready for a few more years of untroubled service.

7. nmttd2 Oct 15, 2015

Yes, coaxials have a 4 year warranty. Take it back to the Omega Boutique and they will take care of you.

8. sinnloh Oct 27, 2015

Sad to say mine have the same problem. I wear it daily and when it stopped one day, i was surprised. The rotating rotor seens to get suck in a certain position and i have to knock the watch to get it dislodged. Subsequently, the rotor got jammed totally. I revert to manually winding my watch daily. I have not taken it in to the service centre to check. I'm guessing that the rear display glass might have been depressed inwards and somehow jammed the rotor, as i have in a few occasions sat down with my watch in my rear pants pocket. Just my guess.

9. taz101 Oct 27, 2015

argh i so want one of these but i'm too late:(

10. sinnloh Oct 27, 2015

Nevertheless, it's still a great watch. ☺☝:)

20151025_233901.jpg
  11. taz101 Oct 27, 2015

I'm selling my standard blue one to go for a used one. How is the 007 dial face, it is only in certain light you see it as it would look a little cheap if it were visible all the time?

12. sinnloh Oct 27, 2015

You're right. It's subtle viewed in certain angles.

13. oddboy Zero to Grail+2998 In Six Months Oct 27, 2015

I believe there's a known issue with 2500 movements which can easily be corrected. Take it to an Omega service center and they will sort you out.

14. fskywalker Oct 27, 2015

Few around in Ebay, bought mine here in WUS but sold it a few months later to buy a 40th Apollo 11 Speedy

15. fskywalker Oct 27, 2015

You can tell its different from regular black SMPc mainly for the red 50 in the black ceramic bezel.

The dial looks just like the regular version in some angles:

[​IMG]

While in others you can clearly see the monogram:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]