Forums Latest Members

Blue SMP 300M on 5-stripe black and grey. Is this a bad idea?

1. Darston Aug 15, 2017

Hi everyone,

I looked on the forum and saw a couple of images of the 5-stripe black and grey strap on the blue SMP and enjoy this combination. I just want to confirm whether or not my color options with this combination choice clashes. I know it's often about 'personal choice', but don't wanna make a mistake by going out and buying this strap and looking silly.

What's the consensus on this combination?

Thanks for your suggestions.

IMG_5574.JPG
    Edited Aug 15, 2017
  2. Kmart Aug 15, 2017

Bond NATO -- Bond watch. No problem there IMO. :cool:

Jrcigar, Foo2rama and Jwit like this.
  3. chich Aug 15, 2017

If you like it, it's good enough. Make your own style!

For what it's worth, I think it looks fine - although I hate NATO straps personally, I just feel they cheapen a really nice (and expensive) watch.

jflores and STANDY like this.
  4. Jwit Not a doctor, but plays one on ΩF Aug 15, 2017

If you like the look in a picture odds are you'll like it on the wrist. If you are contemplating buying an Omega nato for it maybe consider an inexpensive ($10) option to see if you like it first?

5. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Aug 15, 2017

No picture of the watch or the NATO ::confused2:: and you want to know if it looks good :whistling:

Jwit and oddboy like this.
  6. Darston Aug 15, 2017

I haven't purchased the strap yet. My watch is being serviced and I've been online trying to evaluate if this strap combo made sense or not.

Just wanted to know the forum's opinion.

Tks.

7. Darston Aug 15, 2017

Thanks. That's what I was thinking of doing. Although I've read that the OEM omega straps are 'high quality', I'll go with a 10$ jobber and get a sense of whether or not it grows on me.

Thanks for your feedback and recommendation.

Jwit and albertob like this.
  8. albertob Aug 15, 2017

Exactly

Foo2rama and Jwit like this.
  9. Jwit Not a doctor, but plays one on ΩF Aug 15, 2017

The higher quality NATOs are pretty amazing, they have almost a seatbelt material that is silky and smooth but still extremely comfortable. If you don't want to spend hundreds of dollars on the Omega branded one I would very highly recommend ToxicNatos ShizNit strap. Some of the best nato straps out there, and the hardware on them is tough as nails. And they are only about $30 shipped.

Jrcigar and Kmart like this.
  10. Darston Aug 15, 2017

IMG_5574.JPG
    Great stuff. I appreciate you taking the time to point me in the right direction!

Jwit likes this.
  11. Kmart Aug 15, 2017

PhenomeNATO is another option that has the premium look / build quality of Omega's straps!

Jwit likes this.
  12. Darston Aug 15, 2017

View attachment 428280
    View attachment 428280
    Great. Thanks!

13. pianomankd Aug 15, 2017

Be whoever you want to be and wear watches however you want to!

I STILL get messages daily from people getting on my case for selling my Speedy Tuesday LE and for having the opinion that I think the legibility is terrible on it. It doesn't bother me. I wasn't happy with the watch so I sold it to wear the kind of watch that makes ME happy, not the rest of the message board!

Wear the NATO!

Jrcigar, Df13 and Shailor like this.
  14. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Aug 15, 2017

It's a touchy subject due to way Omega did it many people never had the chance to even preorder. It was announced and sold out before before some of us even woke up.

Many people that do not love or collect speedmaster pros got on the list, many to flip. It hurt some of us that work to spread the gospel of the Moonwatch. I'm sorry it's happening but some of us are still pretty sore over the debacle.

jberb55 likes this.
  15. Df13 Aug 15, 2017

Wow, really? That's absurd and I'm sorry that's happening to you. Collecting often brings out the worst in people.

Talk about first world problems! lol

16. pault8084 Aug 15, 2017

I bought a cheap version of this strap and wore it once learning it's just not for me. Therefore I'd echo the suggestion to try before spending big!

Darston likes this.
  17. 67ViP Aug 15, 2017

I have the black & blue SMPc, keep the SPECTRE NATO on the black. There is a new NATO coming out from Omega that is sort of a royal blue/grey five stripe, with the grey on the outside & middle. That or the new Commander five stripe (which is not available separately...yet) might be a better color match, but as everyone has said...to each his own, go with what you like.

18. Darston Aug 15, 2017

Thanks.

I do like the Commander color combination, but as you said, it's not yet available. I wonder if they will sell it in the first place as a standalone product.

You mentioned another strap soon to be available in a blue/gray combo, I can't wait to see that. Do you know when that's coming out?

19. 67ViP Aug 15, 2017

The salesman at the OB in Bellevue said it should be a month or two. I'd be really surprised if Omega doesn't bring out the Commander NATO as a separate item...the colors will match most of their royal blue watches.

20. speedbird Aug 16, 2017

Wow! People are actually messaging you because you had an opinion about one of a zillion limited edition Omega watches? I wonder what those guys would say if they had to explain to their mothers why they sent those PMs.

Who cares if you didn't get one.